This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Whole 30, Paleo, Slimming World (SP), and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – syn free
Green – syn free
Original – syn free
- 1 large red onion, halved and sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- few sprigs of fresh thyme (or other herbs of your choice)
- 720ml (3 cups) of beef broth/stock
- splash of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- spray oil
- black pepper
- If you want a chicken or vegetarian gravy, use chicken or vegetable broth/stock
- Spray a large saucepan over a medium high heat with some spray oil.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until caramelised, you will need to keep adding a little of the stock to prevent the onions from sticking to the pan.
- Add the fresh herbs, remaining stock,tomato paste and a splash of balsamic vinegar, bring to the boil and reduce heat.
- Allow to simmer covered for approx 45 mins (this really brings out all the flavours and will reduce the stock down, but you can cook it for a shorter time period if you need to.)
- When it has cooked for the required time, add ½ of the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth. Return it back to the pan and mix well.
- This gravy is great with any meat or sausages or can even be used for the sauce for a shepherds pie or similar.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.