This is the very first installment of my #treattuesday– a yummy dessert recipe I plan to give you every Tuesday.
If any of you have been to the USA, you will of probably heard of a s’more. Delicious graham crackers, filled with chocolate and toasted marshmellows (kind of like a sweet sandwich). The toasted warm marshmellow melts the chocolate and well you guessed it – the result is heaven!!
So here we have my S’mores inspired bread pudding and it really is yummy. I didn’t add anything else to mine as it was delicious just as it is, but if you want to make it more decadent, you could add some fruit (banana would pair well) and maybe even some cream.
This recipe is Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 HEb and 6.5 syns per serving
Green – 1 HEb and 6.5 syns per serving
Original – 1 HEb and 6.5 syns per serving
- 4 slices of whole wheat bread (2xHEb's),
- 4 teaspoons of chocolate spread (6.5 syns)
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup of Almond milk (sweetened) (1 syn)
- 30g (1oz) of large marshmallows, chopped into smaller pieces (5 syns)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 180c or 350f (gas mark 4)
- Spread each slice of bread with 1 tsp of chocolate spread.
- Spray an oven proof dish with spray oil.
- Roughly chop up bread and place in the oven proof dish.
- Whisk the eggs with the almond milk and vanilla extract and pour oven the top.
- Leave for a few mins to soak in.
- Place in the oven and bake for approx 20-30 mins, until breading pudding is set and slightly crisp on top.
- Scatter with the marshmellow piece and place under the grill until marshmellows on top are toasted and melted.
- Serve immediately while still warm.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information:
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.