Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato and Turkey Casserole
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1.5 syns per serving
Original – 1.5 syns per serving
- 800g of Turkey Thigh, sliced into chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 stick of celery, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 8 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 courgette, chopped
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (120ml) of chicken stock
- 2 heaped tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of thyme
- salt and black pepper
- 60g of light cream cheese (5 syns)
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar (1 syn)
Place all the turkey, onion, celery, garlic, carrot, , courgette, mushrooms, paprika, parsley, thyme and some salt and pepper in the slow cooker and mix it all together with a wooden spoon.
Add the sugar and tomato paste to the tinned tomatoes and mix well. Then add this along with the stock to the slow rest of the ingredients already in the slow cooked.
Place on a the 6 hour (high) setting (or you can cook on a lower setting if you prefer).
Once ready, spoon out all the turkey and vegetables using a slotted spoon, so that you have just the sauce. Add the cream cheese and whisk into the sauce until it is smooth and creamy.
Add back the other ingredients and it is ready to serve with your choice of sides.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx nutritional information: