This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, Whole30, Paleo, Slimming World (SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1.5 syns per serving
Original – 1.5 syns per serving
Whole30 – omit maple syrup and replace cream cheese with coconut milk
Paleo/Dairy Free– replace cream cheese with coconut milk
- 800g (28ooz) of Turkey Thigh, sliced into chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 stick of celery, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 8 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 zucchini (courgette), chopped
- 400g (14oz) tin of chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup (120ml) of chicken stock
- 2 heaped tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of thyme
- salt and black pepper
- 60g (2oz) of light cream cheese (5 syns) or ½ cup (120ml) of coconut milk (4.5 syns)
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup (1 syn)
- Place all the turkey, onion, celery, garlic, carrot, zucchini, mushrooms, paprika, parsley, thyme and some salt and pepper in the slow cooker and mix it all together with a wooden spoon.
- Add the sugar and tomato paste to the tinned tomatoes and mix well. Then add this along with the stock to the slow rest of the ingredients already in the slow cooked.
- Place on a the 6 hours (low) setting or 4 hours (high).
- Once ready, spoon out all the turkey and vegetables using a slotted spoon, so that you have just the sauce. Add the cream cheese and whisk into the sauce until it is smooth and creamy.
- Add back the other ingredients and it is ready to serve with your choice of sides.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx nutritional information:
Approx NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.