I have various Weight Watchers cookbooks from when I was following the plan many many years back. This recipe is in the Shortcuts cook book, but I have adapted it to make it syn free on Slimming World.
It is a really yummy recipe, the lemon and basil with the carrot sauce gives it a lovely flavour.
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, paleo, Whole30, Slimming World (SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – syn free per serving
Original/SP – syn free per serving (when served without rice)
Paleo/Whole30 – serve with cauli rice or another side of your choice
- approx 240ml of homemade carrot soup
- for the sauce (click on link for recipe)
- handful of basil leaves, chopped
- salt and black peper
- zest and juice of half a lemon
- 2 chicken breasts, each sliced in half to make two fillets per person.
- Spray oil
- Add the soup to a small saucepan and heat gently over a low heat. Stirring occasionally.
- Mix together the basil and lemon zest/juice.
- Add the chicken and mix thoroughly to coat.
- Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with spray oil.
- Add the chicken and fry till golden on each side and cooked through.
- Season as needed.
- Serve the chicken topped with some of the carrot sauce and sprinkle with some fresh basil.
- Serve with your choice of sides
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx nutritional information:
Approx NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
1 serving (no sides)
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.