These roast potatoes are perfectly crisp, while still fluffy on the inside with a lovely flavour of garlic, a perfect side dish to any main meal. The key is to parboil these first, then you can lightly rough up the edges of the potatoes with a metal sieve which means the get super crisp.
These can also be cooked in an actifry, but I still recommend doing the parboiling first. I have tried without and you just don’t get the same result.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, Whole30, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – syn free per serving
Green – syn free per serving
- 800g (28oz) of white potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- handful of fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- sea salt
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 220c or 425(gas mark 7)
- Place potatoes in a saucepan of boiling hot water and parboil for 8-10 mins. Don't let these get too soft, you just want them to soften slightly on the edges.
- Drain water, add half the potatoes to a metal sieve and carefully shake, so it lightly roughs up the potatoes on the edges. Add to a large bowl and repeat with the other half.
- Add the garlic and parsley to the potatoes with a couple of sprays of oil and toss to coat evenly.
- Line a large baking tray with some parchment paper and spread the potatoes out evenly.
- Place in the oven and roast until golden all over (approx 40 mins, turning over half way and giving another spray of oil if needed.
- Season well with sea salt.
- If cooking these in an actifry, I recommend omitting the parsley until the last few mins, as it can tend to burn in the actifry if cooked for too long.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information:
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.