Mackerel is a bit like marmite, you either love it or you hate it. If you love it, then you will really LOVE these Double Baked Smoked Mackerel Stuffed Sweet Potatoes.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 syn per serving
NOTE: smoked mackerel varies in syns, so be sure to check the syn value of the one you use
- 1 large sweet potato, cleaned thoroughly
- 1 smoked mackerel fillet (1.5 syns)
- Salad of your choice (I used mixed baby greens, cucumber, tomato and pomegranate)
- sea salt
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Pierce sweet potato with a knife.
- Spray with some olive oil spray and rub it all over the skin, season with salt and rub that into the skin also.
- Place in the oven and bake until a it feels softened, but skin is slightly crisp.
- Remove from oven allow to cool slightly. approx 30-45mins
- Slice in half and scoop out some of the sweet potato into a bowl, so you have two large boat shapes.
- Flake the smoked mackerel fillet into the bowl of sweet potato and mash it all together.
- Scoop back into the sweet potatoes and place back into the oven for approx 15 mins.
- You can also finish off under the grill for a few mins till slightly golden on top if you prefer.
- Serve with a mixed salad.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information (using calorie count recipe analysis)
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.