Tilapia Coconut Curry
Extra Easy – 3 syns
Original – 3 syns
- 2 tilapia fillets (or similar fish)
- 4 red shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teapoon of freshly grated ginger
- 2 red chillis, finely chopped
- ½ can light coconut milk - 6 syns (syns in light coconut milk can vary)
- 240ml of stock (chicken or veg)
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 3 level tablespoons of tomato paste
- fresh chopped coriander
- salt and black pepper
- spray oil
Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with some Frylight or Pam spray.
Add the shallots, garlic, ginger and red chilli’s to the pan and fry for a few mins until softened.
Mix in the tomato paste and turmeric to evenly coat and then slowly pour in the coconut milk and stock, whisking as you do. Add the fish sauce, season with some salt and pepper and bring to a slow boil, then allow to simmer for about 15 mins till it reduce down slightly and thickens.
Add your tilapia fillets to the sauce, reduce heat and simmer for approx 5 mins.
Top with freshly chopped coriander.
Serve with your choice of sides. I served mine with a wild and basmati rice mix and steamed string beans/carrots.