Tortilla Espanola is normally cooked in a skillet/frying pan. But I find it easier to put everything in a quiche type dish and bake in the oven.
This recipe is gluten free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 HEa per serving
Green/Vegetarian – 1 HEa per serving (omit bacon)
- 3 large potatoes (I used Yukon Gold’s), sliced
- 6 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 Medium onion chopped
- 5 slices of lean cooked bacon (omit for Green/Vegetarian)
- 120g (4oz) of cheddar cheese (4xHEa’s)
- olive oil spray
- Freshly chopped Italian Parsley
- Preheat oven to 180c of 350f
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add the potatoes and parboil for about 5 minutes until almost tender (not too soft). Drain and set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, cheese, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Spray a pan over a medium heat with some olive oil spray and brown the onion until softened.
- Using a flan or quiche type dish, spray with some olive oil. Add a layer of potatoes slices, then the cooked bacon and onion and then another layer of potatoes slices.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top and bake in the oven until set and golden. Top with some freshly chopped Italian parsley
- Serve a slice with a mixed salad or vegetables of your choice.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information:
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.