White Chocolate Glazed Doughnuts
Living in Canada brings one weakness - Tim Horton's!!
Like there is a pub on every corner in the UK, in Canada on every corner there is a Tim Horton's.
Now coffee I can pretty much always have Slimming World friendly, either black or occasionally with a drop of milk. Most Canadian's have cream in their coffee or a double double as they call it - Coffee, double cream and double sugar (too sweet for even me).
However alongside the coffee is a full display of doughnuts teasing you and calling your name every time you go in there. They also do bagels, soups, sandwiches, but it's those doughnuts(and muffins) that pull you in. Not to mention Timbit's, if you don't know what a Timbit is, you will now. You know all those ring doughnuts? well a timbit is the hole of the doughnuts, and they come in various different varieties, from birthday cake, to chocolate glazed to honey cruller. Omg I just mention the devil of donuts.
A honey cruller is the best doughnuts you will ever taste. It comes covered in a light honey glaze and melts in your mouth literally, those 310 calories gone just like that - yikes!!
So, have I tempted you with all this talk of doughnuts? Well there you see my problem. Luckily timbits will not blow my daily syn allowance, so I can usually have one of those and be within my allowance, but I decided enough was enough and I was going to create a Slimming World friendly doughnuts I could enjoy at home.
So I order a Wolfgang 12 count mini doughnut tray, like this one here:
You will need one that has doughnuts moulds 7cm in diameter 2cms high, for the same quantity of doughnuts. The really mini ones will work, but the yield of doughtnuts will differ.
So the tray arrived and I set to work coming up with a delicious doughnut for you all.
To sweeten I have used Sukrin : 1 (watch this space for my review of some sukrin products coming very soon). It is a natural sweetener and it has none of that horrible aftertaste you sometimes get with sweeteners. I have tried many different types in the past trying to find one that is natural and tastes natural and I think this is it. I usually just use some syns on honey or maple syrup, but it's nice to know I can now use this and reduce the syns even further. Instead of sukrin you can use any sweetener of choice of course. But I recommend sukrin if you can get some.
Sukrin can be ordered on amazon.
Click here if you live in UK: Sukrin UK
Click here if you live in the USA: Sukrin USA
for those in Canada, I am told Sukrin will be readily available to us in the Fall.
Sukrin also do an icing which I was rather excited about, I was thinking of the great glaze I could make for these doughnuts. But I have to be really honest, as I would never recommend something to you that I didn't like - I personally disliked the taste of the sukrin icing, which was a disappointment, as I had great excitement for it. So I had to resort to something else for my glaze and I thought why don't I actually use real chocolate, and it was the best thing I ever did. However the Sukrin Icing is okay if used in small amounts and mixed with something like cream cheese to make a frosting. So if you want cream cheese frosting on your doughnuts then it's okay to use, but not as a glaze.
My Slimming World friendly White Chocolate Glazed doughnuts was born and wait for it. You can enjoy 3 of these for 1 healthy extra b serving and 3.5 syns. Amazing, right?
recipe yields 9 doughnuts
Extra Easy - 1 HEb and 3.5 syns for 3 doughnuts
Green - 1 HEb and 3.5 syns for 3 doughnuts
Original - 1 HEb and 3.5 syns for 3 doughnuts
WW Smart Points - 8
Gluten Free/b] - use gluten-free oats
- 1 cup/105g of oats (can use gluten free) - 3xHEb's
- ¾ tsp of baking powder
- ⅛ tsp of baking soda
- ¼ tsp of salt
- ⅓ cup/80ml of fat free plain yogurt
- ¼ cup/50g of sukrin:1 natural granulated sweetener (or other sweetener of choice
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 28g of white chocolate -7.5 syns
- 3 tsps of rainbow sprinkles - 3 syn
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f (gas mark 6)
- Add oats to a mini blender or food processor and pulse until fine.
- Add to bowl with the baking powder, soda and salt and mix well to combine.
- Add the egg, yogurt, sweetener and vanilla extract to a separate bowl and whisk till smooth.
- Add to the oat mixture and mix till combine.
- Spoon the mixture into 9 holes of the doughnuts tray (the one I used is non stick, so I added no spray oil, however if yours is not non stick you will need to grease with spray oil)
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 mins. A skewer carefully entered into the center should come out clear.
- Allow to cool slightly and then transfer to a rack.
- Add the white chocolate to a bowl and heat at 10 secs at a time stirring after each until melted.
- Lightly spread over the top of the doughnuts, and then sprinkle each one with a few rainbow sprinkles.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
[b]If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.