If you bought a vegetable spiralizer and it's been stuck in a draw somewhere and barely been used, now is the time to dig it out. You just have to make this yummy Sweet Potato Hash.
I love sweet potato hash, it is so easy to make and is delicious served with eggs. It also means you free up a Healthy Extra serving for later in the day.
I use a paderno vegetable spiralizer to spiral my sweet potato which is one of the best ones out there. However it is hard to source in the UK
But this one looks pretty close and gets a high rating.
but if you don’t have one of these, you can grate it instead, you just won't get the lovely spirals of sweet potato.
I love my spiralizer and use it weekly at the very least. It is great for making speed vegetables more interesting when adding them to your plate.
This is also great for making up in advance and the putting in a lidded tub in the fridge. All you have to do is just place in the oven or a pan to heat up.
TIP: Half bake the spiralled sweet potato the night before, then finish the baking in the morning - the result is very crispy delicious sweet potato hash. Infact I find it gets more crispy this way. Which gives you another reason to make this in advance.
I like to serve this with eggs, either fried, poached or scrambled and balsamic tomatoes and spinach for a high satiety breakfast. But it doesn't have to be kept to just breakfast meals, it would be great instead of chips with a main meal too.
- 1 kg (2.25lbs) sweet potato - spiralled or grated
- salt and black pepper
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 180c fan, 200c, 400f (gas mark 6)
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper (you may need two trays depending on size)
- Spread out sweet potato over tray, don't have it piled too much together, as it will go soggy and mushy.
- Season well with a sprinkling of paprika, salt and pepper
- Spray over the top with oil
- Bake in the oven till crisp and golden (approx 25-35 mins)
- Take out half way through cooking, just to roughly flip.
- Serve with eggs or your choice of dish.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 216Total Fat 0.3gSaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 428.4mgCarbohydrates 50.5gFiber 7.7gSugar 10.6gProtein 4.1g