Delicious Fruity Low Syn Skinny Trifle - a perfect summer time treat
We have had some glorious summer weather here the last few days and so I really fancied a summery fruity treat to enjoy while sat out in the garden.
I don't know why but summer time always makes me crave jelly, probably because it is nice and cold and fruit when out of the fridge.
However rather than just make up a bowl of jelly, I decided on this lovely Skinny Trifles, which are perfect for enjoying while sat out in the garden.
Traditionally Trifle is Jelly with sponge fingers, thick creamy custard and fresh cream. My mum made the most amazing trifles, occasionally though she would add Sherry, but truth be told, I hated it with sherry and wasn't keen on the sponge fingers either. I much prefer just jelly, custard and cream with a few sprinkles on top.
As these are a skinny trifle version, I've skipped the custard and instead gone for a layer of banana yoghurt and berries. It's a perfect combination, lovely and fruity and refreshing for a warm summers day.
I make up the jelly and then divid by 4 and pour into glasses and allow it to set in the fridge.
I love to use stemless wine glasses like these on Amazon , as they are perfect for making desserts like these Skinny Trifles and the look so pretty.
When you are ready to enjoy one of these skinny trifles, you can just add the remaining layers as those are pretty quick to do. I recommend adding the other toppings when you are ready to enjoy rather than make them all up in advance, that way they are lovely and fresh.
I used berries for the fruity layer, but any fruit of choice would work, oranges, ripe pear, even banana. Then top with some light aerosol cream which is low in syns and a few sprinkles or you could add some grated chocolate instead. Traditionally trifle has a layer of custard, but I wanted to keep these as low syn as possible, which is why I opted for the yoghurt, it is much more refreshing too as a summer treat.
Looking for some other summer desserts? Check out these recipes:
- Chocolate Mousse
- Cheesecake Dip with Apple Nachos
- White Chocolate Strawberry Frozen Yoghurt Bark
- Banana Granola Yoghurt Parfait
- Mint Chocolate Yoghurt Parfait
- Pear Crumble Yogurt Parfait
- Baileys Cookies and Cream Yogurt Parfait
- Watermelon Ice Pops
- Strawberry Shortbread Frozen Yoghurt
- Peanut Butter Pretzel and Chocolate Chip Frozen Yoghurt
- Mini Raspberry and Strawberry Pavlova
- White Chocolate Frozen Banana Popsicles
- Cake Batter Frozen Yoghurt
- Low Syn White Chocolate Frozen Yoghurt
- Fruity Yoghurt Shortbread Sundae
or check out my FULL RECIPE INDEX for over 500+ delicious Slimming World recipes
Delicious - Dig in and enjoy!!
This recipe is gluten free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendlyExtra Easy - 2.5 syns per servingOriginal - 2.5 syns per servingGreen - 2.5 syns per servingWW Smart Points - 3Gluten Free - ensure all toppings are gluten free
- 1 box of sugar free jelly (I used raspberry) - 2 syns
- 4x80g fat free yoghurt (I used banana)
- 1.5 cups of mixed berries
- 4x4 tbs of light aerosol cream - 6 syns
- 1 tbs of rainbow sprinkles - 1 syn
- Make up the jelly by packet instructions
- Equally divided among 4 glasses and refrigerate too set.
- Top each glass with 80g of yoghurt and mixed berries, then 4 tbs of light aerosol cream.
- Sprinkle each glass with 1 tsp of sprinkles.
- If only using one, I recommend layering when ready to eat.
Add to a glass, top with the yoghurt, then some fresh fruit and lastly the squirty cream.
A yummy and quick dessert
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. Also double check syn values of sinned ingredients as different brands can vary.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 99Total Fat 2.4gSaturated Fat 2.1gSodium 97mgCarbohydrates 13.2gFiber 1.9gSugar 9.4gProtein 4.6g
I copied your inspiration and put the yoghurt in first with a broken up meringue nest through it, then black grapes, then jelly topped with the rest of the yogurt, the meringue next is 3 syns which I had left to use, it was lovely, thank you once again for your recipes and inspiration.
What yogurt did you use? I haven't found a syn free banana one in Canada
Shevy (Slimming Eats) says
I get the dannon light and fit banana cream non fat Greek yoghurt in the US
What are the glasses you used please?
Shevy (Slimming Eats) says
They are called stemless wine glasses.