I have been coming up with quite a few quick and easy dishes recently. Having a little one to look after means I don’t have as much time as I would like to stand and cook in the kitchen. That said, it is surprisingly how easily you can put a dish together quickly, which is still yummy and healthy and full of speed veg. Frozen veg packs are a great to have in the freezer as it means no chopping. I also like to buy these little bags of fresh stir fry vegetables or shredded veg/broccoli slaw as those really come in handy for throwing into a stir fry. It is all great speed foods that count.
This recipe is dairy free, Slimming World (SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1.5 syns per serving
- 2 tablespoons of sweet chilli sauce (3 syns)
- 4 tablespoons of light soy sauce
- 200g (7oz) of large frozen raw prawns/shrimp (defrosted)
- 120g of egg noodles
- 1 bag (340g/12oz) of shredded veg or use a few cups of frozen stir fry vegetables
- 2 spring onion, finely sliced
- black pepper
- spray oil
- Add the noodles to a large saucepan of boiling hot water, simmer for 2 mins to soften and then drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Spray a Wok with some spray oil
- Add the vegetables and stir fry for approx 5 mins
- Add the prawns and the sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce and continue to stir fry until shrimp is cooked through..
- Add the noodles and mix thoroughly to evenly coat, serve between two bowls, season with black pepper and top with sliced spring onion