Make these amazing Pear and Chocolate Chip Muffins for breakfast - great with a cuppa and a bowl of fresh fruit
Are you fed up of cake and muffin recipes that use artificial ingredients, well look no further - these Pear and Chocolate Chip Muffins are just yummy!!
I had two super ripe pears in my fruit bowl that needed to be used, so figured I’d make some muffins for the kids.
Thinking of pear, I just had to add dark chocolate chips - two things that go together perfectly.
Because I was making these for the kids too, I wanted to use all good natural ingredients, so opted for maple syrup to sweeten. If you are happy to use sweetener, then of course you can replace the maple syrup from the entire recipe. I recommend using sukrin if you are going to do that, as it has no aftertaste.
The kids really loved these and I loved being able to have a proper muffin.
I baked them in these super cute decorated muffin cases. That are similar to these below (and come in various different colours):
It meant the baking tray stayed nice and clean and there was no need to wash the tray after - bonus!!
These Pear and Chocolate Chip Muffins are Super handy for breakfasts when in a rush. On their own they are not going to be hugely filling, but served with some fruit too, they are perfect. If you want some protein for breakfast, you could boiled some eggs the night before and have those too.
But don't limit these Pear and Chocolate Chip Muffins just to breakfast, they are delicious as a dessert too with some yoghurt and fresh fruit - yum!!
These are also perfect for freezing once cooked, so you don't need to be tempted to eat more than you should. Just take one out and defrost when you want one.
- 125g (1 cup) of plain flour
- 30g (1oz) of dark chocolate chips
- 2 medium pears (peeled and chopped small
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted or use coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk - can use a dairy free milk
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- low calorie spray
- Preheat oven to 160c fan, 180c, 350f (gas mark 4)
- Sieve together flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and pear
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, butter, maple syrup, milk and vanilla extract
- Add this into the flour mixture and mix to combine.
- Spray 8 muffin cases with spray oil
- Add the muffin mixture to the cases equally
- Bake for approx 30 mins until golden and a skewer entered into the centre of a muffin comes out clear.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1 MUFFIN
Amount Per Serving Calories 142Total Fat 4.2gSaturated Fat 2.1gCholesterol 50.5mgSodium 19.9mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 1.8gSugar 8.2gProtein 3.4g