Lamb Kofta with Sweet Potato Flatbread - delicious Lamb Kofta's flavoured with a blend of middle eastern spices all served on sweet potato flatbreads with salad and homemade tzatziki - yum!!
Lamb Kofta Kebabs
We have lots of great Lebanese and middle eastern restaurants in my area and so this type of cuisine is definitely a weakness of mine.
Trying to avoid eating out too often, I regularly come up with recipes of my favourites foods that I can make and enjoy at home to try and limit the damage.
Lamb Koftas are definitely one of my favs. I love the blend of spices in the meat and all drizzled with some homemade tzatziki and some flatbreads it's heavenly and feels like a real treat.
Extra Lean Lamb Mince (Ground Lamb)
Finding extra lean lamb mince or ground lamb is pretty much impossible, unless you have a kind butcher who will mince up a really lean cut of lamb for you, or you having a mincing machine at home where you can make it yourself.
So you need to be prepared to spend a few syns if you want to enjoy the real deal of these homemade Lamb Koftas at home.
Remember though even with having to syn some lamb mince (ground lamb) it is not too bad when you divide it up into servings.
Can I use other ground meats (mince)?
Don't want to use syns or points?
For those not wanting to use any syns, extra lean (less than 5% fat) beef mince (ground beef) is perfect for this recipe. You will still get some of those yummy flavours through the spices that go into the kofta mix.
Then for those not wanting to use points you can swap the lamb for some extra lean ground chicken or turkey (mince).
Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Flatbreads
There are a few wraps and pitas style bread that can be enjoyed as a healthy extra b choice. But if you are gluten-free you may have a limited amount of choices or if you have already used your allowance for the day, you might be looking for another low syn alternative.
These Sweet Potato Flatbreads are perfect. Because they are made using just sweet potato and two gluten-free flours they are perfect for those following a gluten-free diet and are only 3 syns per flatbread
More Ground Lamb (Lamb Mince) Recipes
Looking for some more ground lamb recipes? Check out these:
- LAMB AND MINT MEATBALLS IN A SWEET AND SPICY SAUCE
- DONER KEBAB MEATZZA
- MOUSSAKA MEATBALLS
- SHEPHERD’S PIE
- LAMB MEATBALL AND BEAN CURRY
- GREEK STYLE LAMB BURGERS
- LAMB MEATBALLS WITH A SPICY TOMATO SAUCE
or head on over to my Full Recipe Index with over 900 delicious Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients, syn value and smart points etc
This recipe was originally posted on 7th March 2016 and updated on 16th March 2020
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats so that you never miss any new updates.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
See the handy Pinterest image below if you wish to pin this for later 🙂
- 4 Sweet Potato Naan Breads (see below for recipe link)
For the tzatziki
- ¾ cup of fat-free Greek yoghurt
- juice of half a lemon
- ⅓ cucumber, peeled and diced small
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of dill
For the lamb kofta
- 455g (1lb) of lean ground lamb (lamb mince)
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of coriander
- ¼ tsp of onion powder
- a small handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- few leaves of fresh mint, chopped
For the Sweet Potato Flatbread
see recipe>>: Sweet Potato Flatbread (Double up recipe to make 4 flatbread) and make as directed
For the Tzatziki:
- Combine all ingredients for the tzatziki as listed in a bowl and set aside.
For the Lamb Kofta
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Add Lamb to a bowl along with all the spices, seasoning and herbs
- Mix until combined
- Form into 16 equal-sized meatballs and add to a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for approx 15-20 mins until cooked through.
- Brush over the top with juices that are released to keep moist.
- Serve on sweet potato flatbread, with the homemade tzatziki and salad of your choosing (I served with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and red onion)
This recipe is gluten-free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Slimming World - 6.5 per serving (deduct 3.5 if using extra lean beef mince, less than 5% fat)
- Green WW Smart Points - 16 per serving (7 if using extra lean turkey/chicken) *must be 98% fat free
- Blue WW Smart Points - 16 per serving (7 if using extra lean turkey chicken) * must be 98% fat free
- Purple WW Smart Points - 12 per serving (3 if using extra lean turkey/chicken) * must be 98% fat free
NOTE: lamb mince can vary greatly in fat content, so please calculate by the one you use.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided.
Do not screenshot content or post recipe or content in full. All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutritional information, syn values, points etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
TOMORAL Measuring Cups and Spoons
Eono by Amazon - Set of Six Stainless Steel Nestling Mixing Bowls (Matte and Mirror Finish) …
ZeZaZu Parchment Paper Sheets for Baking (100 Sheets), Precut 12 x 16 inches - Exact Fit for Half-Sheet Baking Pans, Unbleached, Dual-Sided Coating, Siliconized, Non-Stick, RECLOSABLE Pack
Baking Tray Set of 4, HaWare Stainless Steel Baking Sheet –Rimmed Pan Baking Sets -Healthy & Non Toxic, Easy Clean & Dishwasher Safe (Large Size)
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 463Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 7.8gCholesterol 0mgSodium 500mgCarbohydrates 50.9gFiber 8gSugar 8.3gProtein 26.3g