Chocolate Rice Krispie Easter Egg Nests that the whole family can enjoy. Lower in sugar but still delicious.
My kids love to make Chocolate Rice Krispie Easter Egg Nests at Easter time, but when you add up all the chocolate and little mini eggs on top, it can be quite a lot of sugar, so I came up with a lower sugar version that I can make alongside the kids to enjoy too.
If you want to reduce the sugar even further, then you can just add one nest to the egg, but one little egg in a nest, would look very lonely don't you think?
The key to keeping these Chocolate Rice Krispie Easter Egg Nests low sugar is the chocolate coating. I first tried these with melted chocolate, but you just are not going to get enough chocolate to coat them, while still keeping the sugar low. So not being one to be defeated, I had another idea for creating the chocolate coating and oh my it totally worked. These are so chocolatey and delicious.
When I put the plate in front of the family to try (they have to give their seal of approval for my recipes), they were demolished in seconds and I was requested to make a second batch.
When forming the nests, I recommend using a little square of parchment to place over the Chocolate Rice Krispie Easter Egg Nests to push down in the muffin tray, as it can be quite sticky otherwise. Once I make them all up. I just pop the tray into the freezer for at least 1 hour, and then they are all set to enjoy!!
Perfect to make for Easter or if you have a group taster coming up, your group is going to love these.
Looking for some more dessert or cake recipes to try? – Previously on Slimming Eats
- 1 year ago: Cake Batter Frozen Yoghurt
- 2 years ago: Healthy Extra Chocolate Orange Bites
- 3 years ago: Dairy Free Crustless Pumpkin Pie
- 4 years ago: Coconut Quinoa Pudding
- 5 years ago: Lemon Drizzle Muffins
- 6 years ago: American Style Pancakes
- 7 years ago: Apple and Sultana Cake
with many more recipes in my full: Recipe Index
- 28g (1oz) of Rice Krispies
- ½ level tbs (2.5g) of 100% pure cocoa powder
- 1 tbs of brown sugar
- 2 tbs or 2% milk
- 12 mini eggs
- Add the cocoa powder, brown sugar and milk to a small saucepan.
- Heat on a medium heat, consistently whisking, until it thickens and is silky in appears like a chocolate caramel sauce. (Running the whisk through the middle will form a line)
- Remove from heat.
- Add the Rice Krispies and mix with a wooden spoon until the Rice Krispies are coated in all the chocolate.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into 6 holes of a muffin tray
- Using a square of parchment paper, push down firmly, so they are well packed together.
- Top each nest with 2 mini eggs.
- Place the tray in the freezer for 1 hour to set.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1 nest
Amount Per Serving Calories 63Total Fat 2.2gSaturated Fat 1.1gCholesterol 0.4mgSodium 24mgCarbohydrates 11.7gFiber 0.4gSugar 9.3gProtein 0.8g