What's not to love about this Chocolate Granola?
Since posting my Pumpkin Granola recipe, I have been loving coming up with other variations, as these granola's really feel like a treat when I sprinkle over some yoghurt and fresh fruit.
Even my kids have been loving these granolas with yoghurt or fruit. I give them some in a little tub in their lunch boxes and they sprinkle it on their yoghurt for a crunchy treat.
If you make sure you use gluten free verified oats, then this recipe will also be gluten free,.
I use maple syrup to sweeten, I love the taste and because it is syrupy it works well with making the granola, you don't really want to use sugar or sweetener as it tends to burn and not taste very nice.
Make sure you really flatten it out into a thin layer on the baking tray when putting in the oven to bake, and when you take it out half way through, you need to use a wooden spoon to break up any really large clumps.
Then you can store this Chocolate Granola in a lidded jar or similar. This recipe serves 3, so if you want it to serve more, I suggest doubling or even tripling up the recipe.
- 120g/4oz of oats
- 1 tbsp of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 level tbsp (5g) of unsweetened pure cocoa powder
- 50g/2oz of banana, mashed
- 1 tbs of maple syrup
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 180c or 350f (gas mark 4)
- Add the oat, chocolate chips, cocoa powder, maple syrup, banana and vanilla extract to a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Spread the oat mixture out of the tray in a very thin layer
- Spray over the top with spray oil
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 mins
- Remove from oven, break up any big clumps with a wooden spoon, spreading it all back out in a thin layer again
- Bake for another 10 mins
- Great sprinkled on yoghurt and served with fruit
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 247Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 4mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 5gSugar 9gProtein 6g
Nutritional information and values etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.