Though Indian food is often stereotyped as being super creamy and not that healthy. This recipe proves that wrong with this take on the classic Indian-inspired dish brought to you by Slimming World USA.
I don't know about you, but I LOVE Indian food and there are many Indian Fakeaway recipes to choose from on Slimming Eats and so when Slimming World USA sent me this yummy Chicken Tikka Masala recipe, I just knew I had to share it with you.
It uses simple and healthy ingredients and is ready in just 35 minutes (plus 4 hours for marinating the chicken, but place it in the marinade the night before and it will be all ready for dinner the next day).
A delicious family meal for you all to sit down and enjoy, perfect served with some basmati rice and topped with fresh cilantro (coriander)
Hey if you have a few syns left you could even serve with some mini poppadums. All that's then left to do is dig in and enjoy - yum!!
Are you stumbling across the recipe and new to Slimming World? Why not check out my Slimming World Review - the UK's favourite way to lose weight, which is now in the USA.
INTERESTED IN JOINING SLIMMING WORLD SO YOU CAN ENJOY THESE FABULOUS FOODS WHILE STILL LOSING WEIGHT?
Click here to join online from anywhere in the world – Slimming World
In the meantime why not give this Syn Free Chicken Tikka Masala a try.
Chicken Tikka Masala - Slimming World USA
Yield 4 servings
This recipe is gluten free and Slimming World friendly
- Extra Easy - syn free per serving
- Fresh juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 5 tbsp curry powder
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- Spray oil*
- 1 onion, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¾ inch piece fresh ginger,peeled and grated
- 1 red chile pepper, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 6 tbsp tomato paste
- A small handful of fresh cilantro, roughly chopped, to garnish
- 1 ½ cups dried basmati rice cooked with a little saffron, for serving
*Please note to protect your weight loss, use up to 10 short sprays of any spray oil per day.
- In a large dish,mix together lime juice, ⅔ cup yogurt and 3 tbsp curry powder.
- Season with salt and black pepper, then add chicken and toss to coat.
- Marinate in refrigerator 4 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat a grill pan on medium heat. Lightly spray a large non-stick skillet with spray oil and place over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger, chile pepper, cinnamon, cumin and remaining curry powder; cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 12 -15 minutes, stirring often.
- Meanwhile, thread chicken pieces onto metal skewers and discard the marinade.
- Spray chicken with a little spray oil and grill 12- 15 minutes, or until cooked through, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken from skewers and add cooked chicken to sauce.
- Remove sauce from heat, stir in remaining Greek yogurt and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with freshly cooked basmati rice.
This recipe is provided and copyrighted by Slimming World.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.