This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, paleo, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 3.5 syns per serving
Original/SP – 3.5 syns per serving (serve with cauliflower rice)
Green/Vegetarian – 3.5 syns per serving (omit meat and use tofu or additional vegetables)
NOTE: I use silk coconut milk that comes in a carton for this curry to keep the syns down, so if you can’t get this, substitute with a similiar brand, but check syn value, as it may be slightly different tto this. Also check the syns for the curry paste you use as different brands can vary.
- 500g (17.5oz) of lean strip beef
- (or use chicken, shrimp or tofu)
- 200g (7oz) of frozen green beans and carrots
- 2 small zucchini’s (courgettes), halved lengthways and sliced
- 3 tablespoons of Red Thai curry paste (3.5 syns)
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 600ml (2.5 cups) of coconut milk (I used Silk coconut milk) (9.5 syns) *see note
- 2 sticks of lemon grass, grinded to a powder.
- 1 red chilli’s, finely chopped (I like mine spicy, you can omit, if you prefer it milder)
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- fresh coriander
- Spray oil
- Spray a wok over a medium high heat with some spray oil and fry the beef, until lightly golden, remove and set aside
- Add the coconut milk and slowly heat, once it begins to boil, add the Red Thai Curry Paste and mix thoroughly, until no lumps of curry paste remain.
- Add the fish sauce, chilli, lemon grass, tomato paste, frozen green beans, carrots and sliced courgette.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat, return meat to pan and then allow to simmer until sauce reduces down and thickens and meat is cooked through.
- Serve topped with fresh coriander and your choice of sides
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx nutritional information:
Approx NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
1 serving (without rice)
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.