These yummy sticky and sweet caramelized Maple Glazed carrots, make a great side dish. Serve them with any of my chicken recipes or other main of your choice and my syn free Garlic and Herb Roast Potatoes for a delicious meal.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, Whole30, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1.5 syns per serving
Green – 1.5 syns per serving
Original – 1.5 syns per serving
- 4 large carrots (approx 800g/28oz), sliced into batons
- 1 tsp of ghee (or oil of choice) (2 syns)
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1 tsp of wholegrain mustard (0.5 syns)
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (2.5 syns)
- freshly chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 220c, 425f or gas mark 7
- Add carrots to a oven proof dish, add the ghee and cumin seeds and mix it all toether thoroughly.
- Place in the oven and bake till golden (approx 30 mins)
- Whisk together maple syrup and mustard.
- Pour over carrots and place back in the oven for 10 mins, until carrots are caramelized.
- Sprinkle with freshly chopped Italian parsley.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information (using calorie count recipe analysis)
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 900 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.