This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, Slimming World (SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 0.5 syns per serving (or syn free when using sweetener)
Green – 0.5 syns per serving (or syn free when using sweetener)
Original – 0.5 syns per serving (or syn free when using sweetener)
- 2 cups (480ml) of passata
- 1 cup (240ml) of water
- 2 tbs of tomato paste
- 1 tbs of maple syrup (2 syns) or use sweetener of choice to keep this syn free
- 1 onion, very finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tsps of oregano
- few basil leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp of onion powder
- ¼ tsp of garlic powder
- salt and black pepper to season
- spray oil
- Spray a deep frying pan with spray oil
- Add the onion and fry till caramelized and softened
- Add the garlic and fry for a further couple of mins.
- Add the passata, water, tomato paste, maple syrup, oregano, basil, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 40 mins, until sauce reduces down and thickens.
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper.
- This sauce is great for pizza, pasta and all kinds of other delicous dishes.
- Store in a air tight container in the fridge.
- It also freezes well.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information:
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 900 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.