Slimming Eats Recipe
- Extra Easy – syn free per serving
- Green – syn free per serving
- Original/SP – syn free per serving
- Dairy Free and Gluten free, Paleo and Whole30 friendly
- 600g of butternut squash, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped sage leaves
- ½ teaspoon of fennel seeds
- 1.5 litres of chicken or vegetable stock
- salt and black pepper
- Spray oil
- Spray a large saucepan over a medium high heat with Spray oil.
- Add the onion and celery and fry till softened.
- Add the butternut squash, sage and fennel and a little salt and black pepper and fry for a further couple of mins.
- Pour in the stock, bring to a boil and then reduce heat, cover and simmer for approx 30-45 mins until squash has softened.
- Add to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with sage leaves.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information:
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.