Braised Beef is one of my favourite dishes ever, it is really wholesome and filling. I wanted to create a Slimming World version that does not disappoint with flavor and I think this one is a winner.
This dish also works well cooked in a slow cooker.
This recipe is gluten free, dairyfree, Whole30, paleo, Slimming World (SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 0.5 syns per serving
Original/SP – 0.5 syns per serving (serve with cauli mash)
Whole30/Paleo – serve with cauliflower or sweet potato mash
- 800g (28oz) of braising steak/beef (all visible fat removed)
- 1 large red onion (halved and sliced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed and chopped finely)
- 2 large carrots (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2.5 cups of beef stock
- couple of sprigs of fresh thyme (or use a sprinkle of dried if you have not got fresh to hand)
- a splash of balsamic vinegar
- Spray oil
- 1 tablespoon of tapioca starch (1.5 syns) - *can substitute with cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- salt and pepper to season
- Spray a large pot with spray oil, place over a medium high heat, brown the beef and then set aside.
- Reduce the heat slightly and add onion, garlic and carrot and cook for approx 5 mins until softened (you may need to add a little water to the pan if it starts to stick)
- Add the stock, and splash of balsamic vinegar. Mix the starch of choice with a little cold water into a paste and add this into the stock.
- Return the meat to the casserole dish and add the thyme and tomato paste
- Bring to the boil and then cover and simmer for approx 1.5-2 hours until meat is tender and sauce has thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with your choice of vegetables and potatoes or cauliflower mash for a original/SP day
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.