This blueberry sauce is sweet and tangy, it is great added to pulled pork or smear it over some chicken and top with cheese. It’s a great sauce for a variety of meats etc
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian, Whole30, Paleo, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 8.5 syns for entire jar of sauce
Green –8.5 syns for entire jar of sauce
Original – 8.5 syns for entire jar of sauce
- 2 cups of blueberries (8.5 syns)
- ½ cup of coconut aminos (or light soy sauce)
- 1 tbs of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of paprika
- pinch of onion powder
- pinch of garlic powder
- pinch of smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- salt and black pepper to season
- Add the 2 cups of blueberries to a small saucepan
- slowly heat them until they start to break down and release all the juices,
- roughly blend them a stick blender
- Add in the coconut aminos (or soy sauce), paprika, vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika and tomato paste
- Simmer for about 20 mins until sauce thickens (if it thickens too much, too quickly, you may need to add a little bit of water)
- Serve on the side of your protein of choice, or you can use as a marinade, cooking and basting in the sauce.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information (using calorie count recipe analysis)
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
per 2 tablespoons
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.