Delicious beef with a mixed six bean blend for a comforting and family friendly meal
Great served with rice, syn free chips, jacket potato and many more sides.
Got a healthy extra spare? Top with some grated cheese – delish!
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, Slimming World (SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – syn free per serving
Green/Vegetarian– syn free per serving (when using quorn or lentils instead of beef mince)
SP friendly – syn free per serving (substitute sweet potato with butternut squash)
Dairy Free – omit the suggested yoghurt/cheese
- 450g/1lb of extra lean beef mince
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1 courgette (zucchini), finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped
- 1 cup (240ml) of cubed sweet potato
- 4 vine tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups (480ml) of passata
- 2 cups (480ml) of beef or vegetablestock
- 2 tbs of tomato paste
- 1 tin of six bean medley (the one I used contained – chick peas, red and white kidney beans, black eyed peas, romano beans and baby lima beans)
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons of oregano
- ¼ tsp of onion powder
- ¼ tsp of garlic powder
- spray oil
- optional: 1 tbs of pure cocoa powder (adds a great richness to the sauce) (1 syn) - syns are negligible when portioned up.
- Spray a large saucepan over a medium heat with spray oil
- Add the beef mince, onion, garlic and cook until mince is browned.
- Add the carrot, courgette, red pepper, jalapeno and cook for a further 5 mins, adding a little of the stock if needed to prevent from sticking.
- Add the spices and stir to coat
- Add the sweet potato, chopped vine tomatoes, passata, tomato paste, six bean medley and stock, bring to the boil and cover and simmer over a low heat for approx 30 mins until sauce reduces and thickens. You may need to add a little more stock if needed, so keep an eye on it while cooking.
- Serve with your choice of sides.
- Great served topped with some grated cheese (as part of your HEa) and fat free yoghurt or sour cream for a few syns
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information (using calorie count recipe analysis)
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.