The ultimate sharing plate - Sweet Potato Chilli Nachos
Got a movie night planned? Having friends over for a date night?
Then this is the ultimate sharing plate:
Sweet Potato Chilli Nachos
Mouthfuls of delicious crispy sweet potato slices, topped with my delicious Chilli, fresh chopped tomatoes, melted cheddar, corn and spring onion. Add yogurt or sour cream.
To get the potato slice pretty thin. I use a mandoline slicer, like this one below:
Not a sharer? then don't worry this dish is completely calorie free if you use healthy cheese.
These are also paleo and Whole30 friendly, if you omit all the dairy and legumes.
- ¾ cup serving of Slimming Eats Chilli Con Carne
- 1 medium sweet potato
- ¼ cup of canned sweetcorn
- 1 spring onion/scallion, finely sliced
- 28g of cheddar, grated
- 1 fresh tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fat free greek yoghurt, seasoned and mixed with a little juice from a fresh lemon
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 180c fan, 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Leaving skin on sweet potato, thoroughly wash and slice into thin slices with a mandolin slicer (if you don't have one of these you can slice thinly with a knife)
- Season with salt and place on a large baking tray sprayed with some oil. Spray over the top and place in the oven and bake for about 30 mins till golden and crisp (you will need to take out about half way through to turn the slices over) keep an eye on these as they can burn quickly.
- When sweet potato slices are almost done, heat chilli, and corn.
- Once sweet potato slices are cooked, scatter them in a layer on a plate.
- Add spoonfuls of warmed chilli, sprinkle with the sweetcorn, tomato, and cheddar.
- Then add a dollop of yoghurt mixture to the top and scatter with spring onion.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.