The ultimate sharing plate - Sweet Potato Chilli Nachos
Got a movie night planned? Having friends over for a date night?
Then this is the ultimate sharing plate:
Sweet Potato Chilli Nachos
Mouthfuls of delicious crispy sweet potato slices, topped with my delicious Chilli, fresh chopped tomatoes, melted cheddar, corn and spring onion. Add yogurt to keep it syn free or sour cream if you want to use a few syns.
To get the potato slice pretty thin. I use a mandoline slicer, like this one below:
Not a sharer? then don't worry this dish is completely syn free if you use your Healthy Extra A choice for the cheese.
These are also paleo and Whole30 friendly, if you omit all the dairy and legumes.
Extra Easy – syn free (when using cheddar as HEa)
Green - syn free (when using cheddar as HEa) – replace beef with lentils or quorn
Original - syn free (when using cheddar as HEa) - replace sweet potato with butternut squash and omit beans and corn
SP friendly – syn free (when using cheddar as HEa) replace sweet potato with butternut squash and omit corn
Vegetarian – replace beef with lentils
Paleo/Whole30 – omit beans, corn and dairy
- ¾ cup serving of Slimming Eats Chilli Con Carne
- 1 medium sweet potato
- ¼ cup of canned sweetcorn
- 1 spring onion/scallion, finely sliced
- 28g of cheddar, grated (1 HEa)
- 1 fresh tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fat free greek yoghurt, seasoned and mixed with a little juice from a fresh lemon
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Leaving skin on sweet potato, thoroughly wash and slice into thin slices with a mandolin slicer (if you don't have one of these you can slice thinly with a knife)
- Season with salt and place on a large baking tray sprayed with some oil. Spray over the top and place in the oven and bake for about 30 mins till golden and crisp (you will need to take out about half way through to turn the slices over) keep an eye on these as they can burn quickly.
- When sweet potato slices are almost done, heat chilli, and corn.
- Once sweet potato slices are cooked, scatter them in a layer on a plate.
- Add spoonfuls of warmed chilli, sprinkle with the sweetcorn, tomato, and cheddar.
- Then add a dollop of yoghurt mixture to the top and scatter with spring onion.
I ask that you always credit by linking back to my original post and don't reproduce the recipe or content in full. If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.