Try this easy and quick Sweet Chilli Prawns and Noodles for dinner tonight - all ready in less than 30 minutes.
As much as I love cooking, occasionally even I am rushed for time and need a meal that I can put together really quickly and get on the table for supper.
Stir fries are great dishes for those moments, as it literally is just a case of stir frying some vegetables, adding a protein and then some rice or noodles and a stir fry sauce of choice. Nothing complicated.
One of my favourite quick marinades for a stir fry is using sweet chilli sauce. I love that sweet and spicy kick it gives and even my kids will tolerate the slight spiciness, meaning it is great for the whole family too. I mix it with a few other ingredients such as ginger, garlic, soy sauce and tomato paste just to up the flavour and it is perfect!!.
I even save time on the vegetables, by using handy bagged slaw mixes like these ones below. I buy one or two bags of these a week as they are perfect for throwing into stir fries on days when we have a busy schedule. No time has to be spent chopping veg. Also as the veg is shredded almost like noodles, the kids don't even realize there is all that veg in there when you add some noodles. So they are a great choice for fussy eaters.
You can also add some more spice to this Sweet Chilli Prawn and Noodles by adding a sliced red chilli if you like that extra kick and if you don't fancy noodles it is also perfect with some cooked rice.
Change up the protein too, while I have used prawns here - chicken, pork or even tofu would work really well in this dish too.
Looking for some more recipes to try? – Previously on Slimming Eats
- 1 year ago: Edamame and Vegetable Pilaf
- 2 years ago: Asian Chicken Meatballs
- 3 years ago: Chicken and Asparagus Bake
- 4 years ago: Harvest Grain Blend with Chicken and Shrimp
- 5 years ago: Chicken Drumsticks in a Peanut Sauce
- 6 years ago: Bombay Beef Curry
- 7 years ago: Chicken Dupiaza with Pilau Rice
with many more recipes in my full: Recipe Index
Sweet Chilli Prawns and noodles all served up for dinner - yum!!
- 200g of raw large prawns (shrimp)
- 200g of egg noodles
- 200g of shredded vegetables of choice
- 2 tbs of soy sauce
- 2 tbs of water
- 2 tbs of sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbs of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 3 spring onions chopped
- small sprinkle of sesame seeds
- spray oil
- Add the soy sauce, water, chilli sauce, tomato paste, vinegar, ginger and garlic to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Cook noodles according to packet instructions and set aside
- Spray a wok or frying pan over a medium high heat
- Add shredded vegetables and stir fry for approx 3-4 mins
- Remove and set aside.
- Spray the pan with a little more spray oil, add the prawns and cook till they are pink all over.
- Add in the sauce and Simmer until thickened.
- Add the noodles and vegetable back to the pan and toss till all heated through.
- Sprinkle with the chopped spring onions and a few sesame seeds
- Serve and enjoy.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 411Total Fat 6.8gSaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 173mgSodium 2392mgCarbohydrates 49.7gFiber 6.6gSugar 13.5gProtein 33.5g