Delicious Syn Free Pumpkin Waffles - perfect for fall, but can be enjoyed all year round.
Can't beat starting the day with some delicious waffles and these Syn Free Pumpkin Waffles are one of my favourites. The contain a speed food (pumpkin) and are high in fibre. You do not need a better excuse to make these.
I love making my American Style Pancakes, but wanted to come up with a recipe I could use in my waffle iron. The mix for the pancakes is not quite the right ratio to add to a waffle iron, it will just stick and be very soft.
So I made a few adjustments and these are perfect. The best part of all is the waffles are syn free using your Healthy Extra B choice. This recipe does have some baking powder, but it is such a teeny amount, the syns are negligible.
I use a square waffle maker like this Andrew James Belgian Waffle Maker, which has a temperature control.
A temperature control might seem unnecessary, but it really does come in handy if you are going to be using it for different things. For example, when doing hash brown waffles I use a high temp, but for these Syn Free Belgian waffles, I use a low/medium temp. I also prefer the square shape waffle. But really a waffle is a waffle whatever shape you have.
The toppings you choose may add some syns, it is up to you what you decide to add. I went for pear, blueberries and maple syrup (2 syns for 1 tbs) and it was perfect!!! The pear compliments the pumpkin waffles so well.
If you love waffles, don't forget to check out these other amazing Waffle recipes:
as well as these savoury versions:
and don't forget my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 500+ delicious Slimming World Recipes.
But for now, make these delicious Pumpkin Waffles, they are fluffy and pretty darn amazing!!
- 40g/1.5oz of oats - 1 HEb
- ¼ cup (60ml) of canned pure pumpkin puree (or fresh pumpkin puree)
- ¼ cup (60ml) of fat-free plain yoghurt (or can use a flavoured of choice)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- ¾ tbs of sukrin (or another sweetener of choice)
- ¼ tsp of cinnamon
- pinch of allspice
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- spray oil
- Add the oats to a mini blender or food processor and blitz till fine.
- Add to a bowl with the cinnamon, allspice, sukrin (sweetener), vanilla, baking powder, pumpkin, yoghurt and egg
- Mix well to combine
- Set aside for 10 mins just to let the oats soak in the mixture for a little bit.
- Heat waffle iron
- Spray the waffle iron with spray oil and brush all over with a pastry brush, to coat all the grooves.
- Add the mixture to your waffle iron (I got 2 waffles) but depending on waffle iron size you may get more, the key is to not overfill.
- Close waffle iron and cook for approx 5 mins, slowly lift the lid of waffle iron to check for doneness, if it doesn't lift easily, leave for another minute of so.
- Serve with your choice of toppings.
The syns in the baking powder is negligible, so I don't syn it in this recipe.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 262Total Fat 8.5gSaturated Fat 2.2gCholesterol 186mgSodium 469mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 7.2gSugar 5.4gProtein 13.7g