Delicious Single Serving Mini Chicken Meatloaves with Tomato and Rosemary Sauce, no need to worry about sharing with these.
I love making mini meatloaves because each little meatloaf is a perfect size for one serving. Which means you can plate it just as it is, or slice and serve over your choice of sides.
Whenever I make meatloaf, I can't help but want it with mashed potatoes and sweetcorn. I blame all the 80s and 90s movies I watched.
To be fair, it is a perfect combination.
When you are just to make healthier choices, it can be hard to get those mashed potatoes right, without missing the butter and cream. However, these Best Ever Syn Free Mashed Potatoes, feel smooth, creamy and buttery but without any, syns what so ever. Once you make them following my method, it will be your go-to recipe for syn free mashed potatoes.
Extra Lean Ground Chicken or Turkey has a tendency to feel dry and is so easy to overcook. So I like to add some grated carrot into the mixture when combining everything for these Mini Chicken Meatloaves. The great thing about that is the carrot adds some speed to your plate and helps to keep the meatloaves from being too dry.
As these are small Mini Chicken Meatloaves, they don't take as long to cook as a large meatloaf would take. However, if you prefer, you can make this into one meatloaf, but I recommend increasing the baking time to about 50 mins to ensure it is cooked through. Start checking the 40-minute mark.
I also recommend letting this rest for about 10 mins, because it allows the meatloaf to take back in some of the juices it releases keeping it nice and moist. I know you have made this and are keen to eat dinner, but trust me those few minutes of resting, really make a difference.
You may also want to try and cut corners to make these syn free, by replacing the sugar with sweetener for the sauce. It's not something I recommend. The sauce needs the sugar and we are only talking 0.5 syns per serving anyway, so is it really worth trying to cut corners by replacing it, just for the sake of 0.5 syns.
To shape the mini meatloaves, you can either make them rustic by hand, but they are better cooked in a mini meatloaf tray
Cooking in a tray like this will keep the juices in the pan, so if you are not using one of these, I recommend making little pockets with foil, to put the mini chicken meatloaves in.
If you love meatloaves, check out these other recipes:
don’t forget my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 500+ delicious Slimming World Recipes, all fully searchable by meal type, syn value, WW Smart Points, ingredients etc
HOW CAN I ADD A ⅓ SPEED FOODS TO THIS RECIPE?
Some of the veg added to the Mini Chicken Meatloaves will count towards your ⅓ speed foods. But to up your speed foods you could also serve with some steamed veg of your choice alongside the Syn Free Mashed Potatoes. Another option would be to serve with this Sour Cream and Spring Onion Mashed Cauliflower or pick one of these SP friendly sides.
WHAT KITCHEN ITEMS DO I NEED TO MAKE THESE MINI CHICKEN MEATLOAVES
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Jug
- Chopping Board
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Wooden Spoon
- Small Frying Pan
- mini meatloaf tray
- Mixing Bowl
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
Mini Chicken Meatloaves | Slimming World
Yield 5 mini meatloaves
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, paleo, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy: - 0.5 per mini meatloaf
- Original/SP: - 0.5 per mini meatloaf
- WW Smart Points: 0
*suitable for freezing
- 500g (17.5oz) of extra lean chicken mince (or use extra lean turkey mince
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 egg
- 240ml (1 cup) of passata (or crushed tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- Fresh Rosemary
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- splash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar (2.5 syns)
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f (gas mark 6)
- Spray a frying pan over a medium heat with some spray oil and add the onion, pepper and chilli and cook until softened. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Add the passata to a bowl, along with some finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves (leaves of approx 2 stems), crushed garlic and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, tomato paste and a splash of Worcestershire sauce. Mix thoroughly.
- In a large bowl, add the chicken mince, grated carrot, previously cooked onion, pepper and chilli, 1 egg and ¼ cup of the sauce mixture and bind all together.
- Grease a mini meatloaf pan with some spray oil and fill each meatloaf space with your mixture (should make approx 5 mini meatloaves), if you prefer you can make one large one.
- Brush over the top of each meatloaf with the sauce and place in the oven and bake for approx 30 mins.
- Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with your choice of sides.
If making one large meatloaf, bake for approx 50 minutes
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. Also, double-check syn values of synned ingredients as different brands can vary.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Serving Size 1 mini meatloaf
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 4.1 g
Saturated Fat 1.2 g
Cholesterol 94 mg
Sodium 169 mg
Total Carbohydrates 10.2 g
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 25.4 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.