This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Loblaws Companies Inc.. All opinions are 100% mine.
Sometimes you feel like you're eating the right things but your body is telling you that it doesn't agree. There's a number of reasons for this, you could have food allergies or you could have an interaction between food and medication. When you end up in this kind of situation it's often helpful to go visit a dietitian.
Here, in Canada, one of my favourite grocery stores is Zehrs (which is part of the Loblaws group). I recently learned that they are offering an in-store dietitian through the Zehrs Pharmacy to help with this kind of advice. They offer one-on-one nutrition counseling, in-store workshops, classes, demonstrations and other services. The dietitian also works closely with the pharmacist to help patients reach their health goals.
Some of the things the in-store dietitian can help with are:
- Anyone just generally looking to maintain their health and feel good but with no specific issues at present
- People struggling to find the time to fit in healthy eating
- New parents who want to come up with a healthy eating plan for their family
- New moms wanting to understand how to introduce their babies to healthy eating
- Advice on how to help manage chronic conditions
- For women who are experiencing menopause symptoms
- People with food allergies or intolerances
- People with digestive or bowel issues
This weekend we visited a local store in Tecumseh, Ontario:
We love this store, it has a fabulous selection of fresh fruit and vegetables and other goods. I can often spend up to an hour just in this section alone.
They also have a great health food section, which has organic produce and food items for those with dietary restrictions.
In the store, we found a poster for the dietitian services.
Unfortunately, I didn't have time to make an appointment on this visit, but it's definitely something I will consider doing in the future.
There is, however, a Loblaws Facebook Live event with a Dietitian on March 22nd 2017 at 8pm EST, and that's definitely something I will tune in for.
If you are interested in learning more about Zehrs Dietitians services, you can also visit their page here - https://www.zehrs.ca/dietitians