Delicious Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken - tender pieces of chicken breast in a flavoursome honey dijon mustard sauce. All ready in less than 20 minutes.
This simple and easy dish is so quick to put together while not compromising on taste. I mean, what's not to like about Chicken in a Honey Mustard sauce? It's got to be one of the best flavour combinations, especially where kids are involved.
I often get inspiration for my recipes, by just browsing what I have in the fridge and pantry and throwing some ingredients together that I feel will compliment each other well. So when I had some chicken breasts that needed to be cooked up. The honey in the pantry and dijon mustard in the fridge just seemed perfect.
But like with any chicken dish, I love it to have plenty of sauce. So to keep the syns pretty low and the Instant Pot Honey Mustard relatively healthy, I added in some chicken stock and then a little starch to thick. It gives all those yummy intense flavours without using too many syns.
Best of all, this amazing Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken is cooked in the in the pressure cooker, so it's so quick and fuss-free for an easy weekday (or weekend meal).
Never heard of an Instant Pot? – you are seriously missing out. It is the best kitchen gadget I have purchased. I love this thing so much, that I almost use it EVERY.SINGLE.DAY.
When cooking this Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken, after browning the chicken, we cook on high pressure for 0 minutes. That might seem rather odd and you may think, hey!! won't the chicken be uncooked and the answer is no.
Chicken breast really doesn't take long to cook, and cooking it for any more than this in the instant pot will make it rather dry. Remember even though we are setting it to zero, it still has to come to pressure and then allowing the pressure to release part naturally will result in the chicken being perfectly cooked and tender. It's seriously yummy!!
Wondering what else you can cook in the Instant Pot? Check out these other recipes:
- FIRECRACKER CHICKEN MEATBALLS
- BOMBAY BEEF CURRY
- BALSAMIC BRAISED BEEF
- SPICY GINGER CHICKEN
- LOW SYN BRAISED BEEF
- LOW SYN PINEAPPLE MEXICAN PORK CARNITAS
- SYN FREE SPICY CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE SOUP
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 850+ delicious Slimming World Recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredient, syn value, Weight Watchers Smart Points etc
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join us.
How can I add a ⅓ speed foods to this Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken?
I like to serve this with rice, so for my speed foods, I cooked some carrot in a little-salted water, just till tender and then sauteed with zucchini (courgette) in a pan with cooking oil spray and season with salt and black pepper. You literally only need to saute for a couple of minutes. I also added in some peas. Perfect for this Instant Pot Mustard Chicken.
You could also swap out rice for Roasted Cauliflower Rice or select your own vegetables of your choice.
What Kitchen Items do I need to make this Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken?
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats so that you never miss any new updates.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
See the handy Pinterest image below if you wish to pin this for later 🙂
- 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, raw
- 2 tablespoons of wholegrain Dijon mustard - 2.5 syns
- 2 tablespoons of honey - 6 syns
- ¾ cup (180ml) of chicken stock
- 1 tbs of cornstarch (or arrowroot or tapioca flour) - 1.5 syns
- ½ tsp of sweet paprika
- salt and black pepper
- fresh chopped parsley
- cooking oil spray
- Slice the chicken breast into bitesize chunks
- Set the Instant Pot to saute mode, spray with cooking oil spray.
- Once it displays hot brown the chicken until lightly golden in 2 batches (this is important, otherwise the chicken won't brown properly due to over crowding).
- Return all chicken to the instant pot
- Add in the honey, mustard, paprika and stock and stir to combine.
- Add lid, close valve (if not self sealing)
- Set to 0 manual high pressure.
- Once finished cooking time, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
- Scoop out the chicken with a slotted spoon.
- Set to saute mode. Mix the starch with a couple of tablespoons of cold water to make a slurry and stir this into the sauce, stirring continuously until it becomes a thicker glossy sauce.
- Add back in the chicken and some fresh parsley
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper.
- Serve with your choice of sides.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, paleo, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Extra Easy - 2.5 Syns per serving
Original/SP - 2.5 syns per serving
WW Smart Points - 3 per serving
*suitable for freezing
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 183Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 77mgSodium 303mgCarbohydrates 10.8gFiber 0gSugar 8.9gProtein 25.1g