You would never know these Hidden Vegetable Beef Meatballs contain veg. So great for the entire family, including the fussy ones.
Creating meals that are both Slimming World friendly and healthy for my kids too is very important to me. So these hidden vegetable meatballs are perfect for fussy kids. They won’t know they contain speed vegetables and the veg keeps them nice and moist.
No one likes a dry meatball, right? These are yummy served with my very quick to make dipping sauce, but feel free to serve them on their own or with a sauce of your choice. On their own the meatballs are syn free, but with the sauce it adds a couple of syns.
I like to serve these with some additional stir fried veg to up all those speed foods, shredded carrots, shredded broccoli stalks, shredded cabbage and sugar snap peas are a favourite and then either rice or noodles.
For an SP or Original day or if you are paleo, you could serve these Hidden Vegetable Beef Meatballs just with the stir fried veg or this Roasted Cauliflower rice.
Why not vary these up too and try ground chicken, pork or turkey.
Extra Easy - 1.5 syns per serving
Original/SP - 1.5 syns per serving
WW Smart Points - 5
- 400g of extra lean beef mince
- ⅓ cup of finely grated carrot
- ⅓ cup of finely grated zucchini/courgette (excess moisture squeezed out)
- ¼ tsp of paprika
- salt and black pepper to season
- spray oil
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce (tamari or coconut aminos)
- 3 tablespoons of water
- ½ tablespoon of maple syrup (1 syn)
- 1 tsp of sesame oil (2 syns)
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- sprinkling of sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Place the beef mince, zucchini, carrot, paprika, salt and black pepper into a food processor and do a few pulses of the blade until all ingredients come together
- Roll into meatballs (I did mini ones, but you can make them any size of your choosing)
- Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, spray over the top with oil and bake in the oven for approx 25-30 mins until nice and golden.
- For the sauce, whisk the soy sauce (tamari or coconut aminos), water, maple syrup, sesame oil, spring onion and sesame seeds together in a small bowl and serve along side the meatballs.
- I also made up a big bowl of stir fried vegetables, but you can serve with any sides of your choice.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.