You would never know these Hidden Vegetable Beef Meatballs contain veg. So great for the entire family, including the fussy ones.
Creating meals that are both Slimming friendly and healthy for my kids too is very important to me. So these hidden vegetable meatballs are perfect for fussy kids. They won’t know they contain vegetables and the veg keeps them nice and moist.
No one likes a dry meatball, right? These are yummy served with my very quick to make dipping sauce, but feel free to serve them on their own or with a sauce of your choice.
I like to serve these with some additional stir fried veg to up all those speed foods, shredded carrots, shredded broccoli stalks, shredded cabbage and sugar snap peas are a favourite and then either rice or noodles.
If you are paleo, you could serve these Hidden Vegetable Beef Meatballs just with the stir fried veg or this Roasted Cauliflower rice.
Why not vary these up too and try ground chicken, pork or turkey.
- 400g of extra lean beef mince (5% fat)
- ⅓ cup of finely grated carrot
- ⅓ cup of finely grated zucchini/courgette (excess moisture squeezed out)
- ¼ tsp of paprika
- salt and black pepper to season
- spray oil
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce (tamari or coconut aminos)
- 3 tablespoons of water
- ½ tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- sprinkling of sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Place the beef mince, zucchini, carrot, paprika, salt and black pepper into a food processor and do a few pulses of the blade until all ingredients come together
- Roll into meatballs (I did mini ones, but you can make them any size of your choosing)
- Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, spray over the top with oil and bake in the oven for approx 25-30 mins until nice and golden.
- For the sauce, whisk the soy sauce (tamari or coconut aminos), water, maple syrup, sesame oil, spring onion and sesame seeds together in a small bowl and serve along side the meatballs.
- I also made up a big bowl of stir fried vegetables, but you can serve with any sides of your choice.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 303Total Fat 9.8gSaturated Fat 3.1gCholesterol 116.1mgSodium 1543.6mgFiber 1.8gSugar 5.6gProtein 45.1g