I have been loving making all these granola recipes lately and this Apple Granola is a perfect new addition to my collection.
So many boxed granola recipes are ladened with sugar and therefore pretty high in syns and just not very healthy at all.
This Easy Healthy Homemade Apple Granola uses just a couple of simple ingredients and is extremely delicious.
It's not super sweet, because it's not full of sugar, but it is perfect when combined with some yoghurt and fresh fruit. My preferred choices being apples (Red Prince are my favourite variety at present) and mixed berries.
I have been enjoying the granola recipes for breakfast or for a snack in the evening if I save my healthy extra b choice. I love the crunch it has.
Hey, I have even been known to just eat my serving of granola on it's own with a cuppa, as it's like eating broken up pieces of flapjack cookies - yum!!
This recipe for this Apple Granola makes 3 servings, I know you could just make one serving, but when I make this, I know I will want it a few days in a row and making a small batch up like this saves time. I just divide the whole recipe once made up into 3 equal servings and jar up. Then you can just grab and go, with whatever you want to mix it with.
You can even add this to a bowl with fruit and drizzle your favourite milk over the top as part of your healthy extra a choice if you want.
Don't forget to check out the Pumpkin Granola, Banana Granola and Chocolate Banana Granola. Wow that's some awesome choices for you, along with this delicious Apple Granola, which one is your favourite?
Come and follow me on:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER, TIK TOK and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats
so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know!
Leave a comment, Rate It and
Tag us in your Photos
@SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
- 120g/4oz of Oats
- ½ cup of unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tbs of maple syrup
- pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- Spray oil
- Preheat oven to 190c/375f (gas mark 7)
- Add the oats to a bowl with the apple sauce, maple syrup and cinnamon and combine well.
- Spread out onto a tray line with parchment paper. Not too compacted together or it will be big chunks when cooked.
- Spray over the top with spray oil
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 mins
- Remove from oven and give it a stir on the tray, breaking up any big chunks with a wooden spoon and spread it out again sparingly.
- Place back in the oven for another 15 mins (or until lightly golden)
- Allow to cool and then you can place in a jar.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 197Total Fat 3.4gSaturated Fat 0.6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 4.5mgCarbohydrates 37.3gFiber 4.4gSugar 11gProtein 4.4g