Following on from the delicious White Chocolate Glazed Doughnuts, you also have these delicious Chocolate doughnuts, just incase you are not a fan of white chocolate (I know some people are not).
Just like the other doughnuts, for these I use wolfgang puck 12 count mini doughnut tray, similar to this one here:
Städter 489141 Baking Tray with Donut Moulds
You will need one that has doughnuts moulds 7cm in diameter 2cms high, for the same quantity of doughnuts. The really mini ones will work, it is just the equation of doughnuts will differ.
To sweeten I have used Sukrin : 1 (watch this space for my review of some sukrin products coming very soon). It is a natural sweetener and it has none of that horrible aftertaste you sometimes get with sweeteners. I have tried many different types in the past trying to find one that is natural and tastes natural and I think this is it. I usually just use some syns on honey or maple syrup, but it's nice to know I can now use this and reduce the syns even further. Instead of sukrin you can use any sweetener of choice of course. But I recommend sukrin if you can get some.
Sukrin can be ordered on amazon.
Click here if you live in UK: Sukrin UK
for those in Canada, I am told Sukrin will be readily available to us in the Fall.
The doughnut mix is pretty much the same for these as my White Chocolate Glazed Doughnuts, except for these some cocoa powder is added and they are dipped in melted semi sweet chocolate. Delicious!!
Come and follow me on:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER, TIK TOK and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats
so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know!
Leave a Comment, Rate It and Tag us in your
Photos @SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
Chocolate Oat Doughnuts
Delicious chocolate oat doughnuts for that perfect low calorie treat.
- 105g of oats
- 5g of unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon of baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ⅓ cup/80ml of fat free plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoons of granulated sweetener
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
for the glaze
- 30g of semi sweet chocolate chip
- 3 teaspoons of chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 200c/180c fan/400f (gas mark 6)
- Add oats to a mini blender or food processor and pulse until fine.
- Add to bowl with the cocoa powder, baking powder, soda and salt and mix well to combine.
- Add the egg, yogurt, sweetener and vanilla extract to a separate bowl and whisk till smooth.
- Add to the oat mixture and mix till combine.
- Spoon the mixture into 9 holes of the doughnut tray (the one I used is non stick, so I added no spray oil, however if yours is not non stick you will need to grease with spray oil)
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 mins. A skewer carefully entered into the center should come out clear.
- Allow to cool slightly and then transfer to a rack.
for the glaze
- Add the semi sweet chocolate to a bowl and heat at 10 secs at a time stirring after each until melted.
- Carefully dip the top of each donut into the melted chocolate, repeat with other 8 donuts.
Please see below for recipe values:
- Slimming World: - 3.5 syns per doughnut
- WW Personal Points - 2+ per doughnut (add ingredients to your WW diary for points value - as this may vary depending on your personal points zero foods)
- Gluten Free - use gluten free oats
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information, Slimming World syn values and WW points etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
Slimming Eats is in no way connected, affiliated or endorsed by Slimming World or Weight Watchers. We recommend that you consult with a Slimming World or WW Consultant to verify accuracy of values at a group meeting or through an online subscription to those plans.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 9 Serving Size 1 DOUGHNUT
Amount Per Serving Calories 86Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 21mgSodium 132mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 3g
Nutritional information, syn values, points etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.
I baked these yesterday as I had 2 friends over who are doing SlimmingWorld! To say they tasted amazing would be an understatement! Will definitely be making this again!