Following on from the delicious White Chocolate Glazed Doughnuts, you also have these delicious Chocolate doughnuts, just incase you are not a fan of white chocolate (I know some people are not).
Just like the other doughnuts, for these I use wolfgang puck 12 count mini doughnut tray, similar to this one here:
You will need one that has doughnuts moulds 7cm in diameter 2cms high, for the same quantity of doughnuts. The really mini ones will work, it is just the equation of doughnuts will differ.
To sweeten I have used Sukrin : 1 (watch this space for my review of some sukrin products coming very soon). It is a natural sweetener and it has none of that horrible aftertaste you sometimes get with sweeteners. I have tried many different types in the past trying to find one that is natural and tastes natural and I think this is it. I usually just use some syns on honey or maple syrup, but it's nice to know I can now use this and reduce the syns even further. Instead of sukrin you can use any sweetener of choice of course. But I recommend sukrin if you can get some.
Sukrin can be ordered on amazon.
Click here if you live in UK: Sukrin UK
Click here if you live in the USA: Sukrin USA
for those in Canada, I am told Sukrin will be readily available to us in the Fall.
The doughnut mix is pretty much the same for these as my White Chocolate Glazed Doughnuts, except for these some cocoa powder is added and they are dipped in melted semi sweet chocolate. Delicious!!
recipe yields 9 doughnuts
Extra Easy - 1 HEb and 3.5 syns for 3 doughnuts
Green - 1 HEb and 3 syns for 3 doughnuts
Original - 1 HEb and 3.5 syns for 3 doughnuts
WW Smart Points - 7
Gluten Free - use gluten-free oats
- 1 cup/105g of oats- 3xHEb's
- 1 tbs (5g) of unsweetened cocoa powder - 1 syn
- ¾ tsp of baking powder
- ⅛ tsp of baking soda
- ¼ tsp of salt
- ⅓ cup/80ml of fat free plain yogurt
- ¼ cup/50g of sukrin:1 natural granulated sweetener (or other sweetener of choice
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 30g of semi sweet chocolate chips - 7 syns
- 3 tsp of chocolate sprinkles - 2
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f (gas mark 6)
- Add oats to a mini blender or food processor and pulse until fine.
- Add to bowl with the cocoa powder, baking powder, soda and salt and mix well to combine.
- Add the egg, yogurt, sweetener and vanilla extract to a separate bowl and whisk till smooth.
- Add to the oat mixture and mix till combine.
- Spoon the mixture into 9 holes of the doughnut tray (the one I used is non stick, so I added no spray oil, however if yours is not non stick you will need to grease with spray oil)
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 mins. A skewer carefully entered into the center should come out clear.
- Allow to cool slightly and then transfer to a rack.
- Add the semi sweet chocolate to a bowl and heat at 10 secs at a time stirring after each until melted.
- Carefully dip the top of each donut into the melted chocolate, repeat with other 8 donuts.
Syn value of cocoa powder can vary from brand to brand. The three brands I use are 100% cocoa powder (not Dutch Processed) and are 1 tbs for 20 calories (1 syn).
You should always double check the syn values of items which are synned, as brands can differ.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.