Flavour explosion in this Chicken, Feta and Roasted Beetroot Bake - a perfect easy dinner.
Roasted beetroots are one of my favourite vegetables. They are seriously delicious and go well with a variety of different sides.
When I was younger, the only way I ever had beetroot was either from a jar or in a salad from one of those little vacuum packs of cooked beetroot you can buy. Absolutely nothing wrong with either of those, but roasted beetroot is just on a whole other level of deliciousness.
I can't actually remember the first time I tried the combination of roasted beets and feta, but oh my, it's just something pretty amazing. A pure taste explosion in every mouthful.
Sometimes you also just need that little bit of protein, and chicken is just the perfect choice. Although I tend to choose chicken thighs over the breast, as they just stay much more tender and really take on the flavours of whatever you cook them with.
I love recipes like this Chicken, Feta and Roasted Beetroot Bake that once all prepped is just added all to one tray and baked in the oven. Sometimes you just want a fuss-free dinner, and this is certainly one of them.
You could actually add some potatoes to the dish too, but I love this with quinoa, the nutty flavour of quinoa just compliments this Chicken, Feta and Roasted Beetroot Bake really well. Quinoa is a good source or protein as well as having lots of other healthy vitamins, so if you are looking for something else to try and haven’t tried quinoa, add some to your shopping basket next time you are grocery shopping and give it a try along with this dish.
Want another amazing one dish recipe? Check out this below:
- Garlic Chicken and French Bean Tray Bake
- Chicken and Asparagus Bake
- Chicken, Potato, Vegetable Tray Bake
- Mediterranean Layered Bake
- Chicken, Leek and Butternut Squash Bake
- Smoked Mackerel Bake
- Leek and Potato Bake
- Cheesy Vegetable Bake
Don’t forget to check out the FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 700+ delicious Slimming Eats recipes.
WHAT KITCHEN ITEMS DO I NEED TO MAKE THIS Chicken, Feta and Roasted Beetroot Bake
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Spoons
- Chopping Board
- Wooden Spoon
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Tray
- Frying Pan
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- 500g/17.5oz of chicken thigh (all visible fat removed), sliced into bitesize chunks
- 500g/17.5oz fresh beetroots
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp of thyme
- mixed Italian herbs
- salt and black pepper
- spray oil
- 80g/2.8oz of Feta Cheese
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Scrub beets until clean and then slice into quarters.
- Place in an oven proof dish, scatter with the onion and garlic and some fresh thyme and season well with salt and black pepper.
- Spray over the top with spray oil. Place in the oven and roast until a beetroot and onion is caramelised. (approx 35 mins)
- When beetroot is almost done. Season chicken with salt and black pepper and sprinkle with some mixed Italian herbs, spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with some spray oil, add the chicken thighs and fry until lightly golden on each side.
- Scatter the chicken thigh meat into the dish with the beetroot and crumble your feta cheese over the top.
- Place back in the oven for approx 15 mins until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with your choice of sides. I served mine with quinoa.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 294Total Fat 13.5gSaturated Fat 5.5gCholesterol 96.6mgSodium 702mgCarbohydrates 16.7gFiber 4.3gSugar 11gProtein 26.8g