This recipe is dairy free, vegetarian and Weight Watchers friendly
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- couple of basil leaves, roughly torn into little pieces
- 4 small slices of wholegrain bread (I use wholegrain sourdough)
- Spray oil
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Score the top of the tomatoes with a knive, add to a saucepan of boiling hot water for approx 1-2 mins until skin loosens.
- Remove tomatoes and place in a bowl of ice cold water to ensure they do not continue to cook.
- Remove skin seeds and juice from tomatoes and chop the flesh (if you have a tomato peeler, you can skip this part and just peel the tomatoes using the peeler)
- In the meantime, spray your slices of bread with spray oil, add to a baking tray and bake until golden and crisp.
- Cut your garlic clove in half and rub the flesh part of the garlic all over the crisp toast.
- Then finely chop the garlic and crush finely with the back of a flat knife until.
- Mix this with the chopped tomatoes, season well with salt and black pepper. Add your basil and drizzle in the olive oil, then gently combine with your hand.
- Top your crispy whole wheat toast with the tomatoes and serve.
- For a variation, you can also serve with some mozzarella or grilled bacon.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 192Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 0mgSodium 376mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 4gSugar 7gProtein 4g
Nutritional information and valuesetc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.
Below is the approx nutritional information:
Approx NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION