What to you do when you have a sad and lonely ripe banana sitting in the fruit bowl, wanting to be used? Make these Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins - that's what - They are delish!!
Now matter how much we try and get through all the bananas before one over ripens, we are always left with one that sit's in the fruit bowl and no one wants to eat.
I have tried all the tricks in the book to stop them ripening too fast and it doesn't matter, I am always left with one. So usually it gets used up into some kind of cake or muffin, because one thing my kids love, is banana bread or muffins.
I already have this yummy Banana Chocolate Chip Loaf and these Mini Banana and Raisin Loaf, as well as this Banana Baked Oatmeal and Banana Doughnuts But this time I wanted to make some handy portable muffins.
To sweeten the Banana and Chocolate Chip Muffins I like to use Sukrin: 1 which is a great natural tasting sweetener that can be ordered on can be ordered on Amazon. I have tried many different types of sweetener in the past trying to find one that is natural and tastes natural and I think this is it. I usually just use some honey or maple syrup, but it’s nice to know I can now use this. Instead of sukrin you can use any sweetener of choice But I can’t recommend sukrin enough, it tastes so good in baked goods and is by far the best tasting natural sweetener I have found.
These are great with a cuppa, they should freeze fine too. I usually just pop anything like this into a freezer bag and take one out as I want it, if they ever make it to the freezer that is.
- 100g (3.5oz) of plain flour
- 100g (3.5oz) of ripe banana
- 15g (1 tbs) of milk or dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- ½ cup (8 tbs) of granulated sweetener (I use erythritol)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 3 large eggs
- low calorie spray
- Preheat oven to 180 or 350f (gas mark 4)
- Add the flour, baking powder and soda to a bowl and mix to combine
- In a separate bowl mash the banana, add the granulated sweetener and mix together. Whisk in the eggs
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix till all combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix
- Spray a muffin tray with spray oil
- Spoon the mixture into 9 compartments of the baking tray.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 mins, muffins should be golden and skewer entered into the centre should come out clean.
- Enjoy with some fruit and a cuppa.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 9 Serving Size 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving Calories 127Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 65mgSodium 162mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 1gSugar 5gProtein 5g
Nutritional information and valuesetc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.