Wow look at these Slimming World Baked Banana Doughnuts!!!
Since I finally got my doughnut tray last week I have been enjoying making delicious doughnuts for treats.
So far you will of seen my yummy White Chocolate Glazed Doughnuts and my Chocolate Doughnuts.
I then came across this delicious recipe for Baked Banana Doughnuts from An Affair From the Heart and made up a batch for the kids as I had some ripe bananas in my fruit bowl that needed to be used up. The ingredients were pretty high synned though, so not Slimming World friendly for me. The kids really enjoyed them and said they tasted amazing.
So I thought I am sure I can make some alterations and came up with these Slimming World friendly Delicious Baked Banana Doughnuts that are just 1 HEb and for 3 doughnuts.
As per my previous doughnut recipes. I used a tray similar to this one here:
You will need one that has doughnuts moulds 7cm in diameter by 2cms high, for the same quantity of doughnuts. The really mini ones will work, but the yield of doughnuts will differ.
To sweeten I have used Sukrin : 1 (watch this space for my review of some sukrin products coming very soon). It is a natural sweetener and it has none of that horrible aftertaste you sometimes get with sweeteners. I have tried many different types in the past trying to find one that is natural and tastes natural and I think this is it. I usually just use some syns on honey or maple syrup, but it's nice to know I can now use this and reduce the syns even further. Instead of sukrin you can use any sweetener of choice of course. But I recommend sukrin if you can get some.
Sukrin can be ordered on amazon.
Click here if you live in UK: Sukrin UK
Click here if you live in the USA: Sukrin USA
for those in Canada, I am told Sukrin will be readily available to us in the Fall.
For the sugar cinnamon coating I used a mixture of Sukrin Gold and cinnamon. Another alternative for this would be a little dusting of icing sugar on top (but don't forget to add the syns for this if you do)
Also don't forget sweetener should be synned whenever a tablespoon or more is used. This has been accounted for in the syn value of the recipe.
If you don't have a doughnut tray I am sure this doughnut mixture would work in a muffin tray. If you try, please come back and let me know how they turned out (or even better tag me @slimmingeats on Instagram with a pic)
recipe yields 9 doughtnuts
Extra Easy - 1 HEb and 2.5 syns per serving of 3 doughnuts
Green - 1 HEb and 2.5 syns per serving of 3 doughnuts
Original - 1 HEb and 2.5 syns per serving of 3 doughtnuts
WW Smart Points - 4 for 3 doughnuts
Gluten Free - use gluten-free oats
- 1 cup /105g of oats (can use gluten free) (3xHEb's)
- ¾ tsp of baking powder
- ¼ tsp of cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp of baking soda
- ⅛ ts of salt
- 1 small banana - * remember cooked fruit is synned
- 6 tbs of plain yoghurt
- ¼ cup/50g of sukrin:1 (or other sweetener of choice)
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbs of sukrin gold
- ⅛ tsp of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180c/350f (gas mark 4)
- Place oats in a blender or food processor and pulse till fine.
- Add the cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl add the banana and roughly mash with a fork.
- Add the egg, yoghurt, sukrin:1 (or sweetener) and vanilla extract and whisk till combined.
- Fold this into the oat mixture.
- If your donut tray is not non stick you will need to grease.
- Add the batter to 9 holes of the doughnuts tray and lightly tap the tray on the counter to evenly distribute
- Place in the oven and bake for approx 13 mins (a tooth pick entered into the middle should come out clear).
- While doughnuts are baking mix the sukrin gold and cinnamon together in a small shallow dish.
- When you remove the doughnuts from the oven, allow them to cool slightly in the tray and then carefully remove using a silicone spatula by running it around the bottom.
- Dip each side in the sukrin gold mixture (while still slightly warm).
- Enjoy 3 of these as a HEb and 1.5 syns - they are yummy!!
The syns in the baking powder and soda is so negligible that I haven't synned it, as the syns rounded up for other ingredients will account for it.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.