Wow look at these Slimming Eats Baked Banana Doughnuts!!!
Since I finally got my doughnut tray last week I have been enjoying making delicious doughnuts for treats.
So far you will of seen my yummy White Chocolate Glazed Doughnuts and my Chocolate Doughnuts.
I then came across this delicious recipe for Baked Banana Doughnuts from An Affair From the Heart and made up a batch for the kids as I had some ripe bananas in my fruit bowl that needed to be used up. The ingredients were pretty high calorie though, so not Slimming Eats friendly for me. The kids really enjoyed them and said they tasted amazing.
So I thought I am sure I can make some alterations and came up with these Slimming Eats friendly Delicious Baked Banana Doughnuts.
As per my previous doughnut recipes. I used a tray similar to this one here:
You will need one that has doughnuts moulds 7cm in diameter by 2cms high, for the same quantity of doughnuts. The really mini ones will work, but the yield of doughnuts will differ.
To sweeten I have used Sukrin : 1 (watch this space for my review of some sukrin products coming very soon). It is a natural sweetener and it has none of that horrible aftertaste you sometimes get with sweeteners. I have tried many different types in the past trying to find one that is natural and tastes natural and I think this is it. I usually just use some honey or maple syrup, but it's nice to know I can now use this and reduce the calories even further. Instead of sukrin you can use any sweetener of choice of course. But I recommend sukrin if you can get some.
Sukrin can be ordered on amazon.
Click here if you live in UK: Sukrin UK
Click here if you live in the USA: Sukrin USA
for those in Canada, I am told Sukrin will be readily available to us in the Fall.
For the sugar cinnamon coating I used a mixture of Sukrin Gold and cinnamon. Another alternative for this would be a little dusting of icing sugar on top.
If you don't have a doughnut tray I am sure this doughnut mixture would work in a muffin tray. If you try, please come back and let me know how they turned out (or even better tag me @slimmingeats on Instagram with a pic)
- 100g of oats (can use gluten free)
- ¾ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon of baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon of salt
- 1 small banana
- 6 tablespoons of plain fat free yoghurt
- ¼ cup (4 tablespoons of granulated sweetener (I use erythritol)
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
for sugar topping
- 1 tablespoon of brown granulated sweetener
- ⅛ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 160c fan, 180c, 350f (gas mark 4)
- Place oats in a blender or food processor and pulse till fine.
- Add the cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl add the banana and roughly mash with a fork.
- Add the egg, yoghurt, sweetener, and vanilla extract and whisk till combined.
- Fold this into the oat mixture.
- If your donut tray is not non stick you will need to grease.
- Add the batter to 9 holes of the doughnuts tray and lightly tap the tray on the counter to evenly distribute
- Place in the oven and bake for approx 13 mins (a tooth pick entered into the middle should come out clear).
- While doughnuts are baking mix the sukrin gold and cinnamon together in a small shallow dish.
- When you remove the doughnuts from the oven, allow them to cool slightly in the tray and then carefully remove using a silicone spatula by running it around the bottom.
- Dip each side in the brown granulated sweetener (while still slightly warm).
- Gluten Free Friendly - use gluten free oats
- Vegetarian Friendly
- Extras - drizzle with some melted dark chocolate
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 9 Serving Size 1 DOUGHNUT
Amount Per Serving Calories 66Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 21mgSodium 95mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 2g
Nutritional information and values etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.