Thai Chicken Noodles – a delicious spicy fragrant noodle dish, ready in under 30 minutes.
I love noodles dishes, but I always seem to stick to Chinese style with the usual soy sauce, ginger and garlic. So tonight decided to go for something a little different, using rice noodles and ingredients that would often be found in a Thai style dish, for this delicious bowl of Thai Chicken Noodles.
I love Thai Curries – I think it’s that combination of spices with ginger, garlic, chilli, fish sauce and coconut milk that just becomes an explosion of flavour on the palate that does it for me. Usually served with plenty of white jasmine rice to mop up all that yummy sauce.
So when creating this noodle dish tonight, I went down the same road with a similar combination of spices. Grabbed some ground chicken for the fridge for protein (you could use ground turkey or pork, or maybe even strips of chicken, pork or even shrimp, whatever protein you prefer) and then for the starch was some rice noodles, traditional in any Thai style noodle dish – especially Pad Thai.
For the vegetables of this Thai Chicken Noodles, there really is no right or wrong, go for whatever you have in. I always grab these bags of slaw mix when we go grocery shopping, they are so handy to have for throwing in stir fries and dishes like this, there are various different ones you can get, but this particular one I used tonight, was a mixture of shredded cabbage, kale, broccoli stalks and carrots. It just seemed perfect for this dish and of course, it all counts toward you speed foods.
One of the reasons I think I love Thai Curries so much is the coconut milk. I often add it to my curries for creaminess, especially this Lentil Curry which is one of my absolute favs and one I make regularly, it’s perfect for freezing and such an easy dish to make. So I just couldn’t resist adding some coconut milk to this Thai Noodle dish, it was great for balancing out the heat of the green chilli. You don’t need to be scared of using coconut milk fearing it is high in syns, light coconut milk, actually isn’t too bad, and still adds some of the creaminess of regular coconut milk.
I also have a tin or two of light coconut milk in my pantry, as I never know when I might want to quickly make up a pot of lentil curry.
To make the paste for this Thai Chicken Noodles, I use my mini food processor, like this one below:
It comes in super handy for making pastes, grinding spices and sauces etc. When you haven’t got a large quantity.
With the paste all made, it was then just a case of adding it to the ground chicken while browning in a pan, before add in the veg, noodles and coconut milk. As easy as that.
Do you love Thai style dishes too? Check out these other Thai inspired dishes:
- Thai Red Beef Curry
- Thai Crab Cakes
- Thai Green Prawn Curry
- Thai Spiced Salmon Filo Parcel
- Thai Spiced Chicken
- 4 Ingredient Quick Lentil Curry (Instant Pot)
and don’t forget my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 500+ delicious Slimming World recipes
What Kitchen items do I need to make this Thai Chicken Noodles?
Thai Chicken Noodles
Yield 4 servings
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 1.5 syns per serving
- WW Smart Points - 9
- Gluten Free - use gluten free noodles
For the paste:
- 4 spring onions
- 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro (coriander)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbs of fresh grated ginger
- juice of half a lime
- 1-2 bird's eye green chillis, trimmed (can add more if you like really spicy)
- 1 tbs of fish sauce
- 1 tbs of sukrin (or other sweetener of choice)
For the Thai Chicken Noodles:
- 450g (1lb) of ground chicken (or use ground turkey/pork or protein of choice)
- 200g (7oz) of dry rice noodles
- 3/4 cup (180ml) of light coconut milk - 6 syns
- 5-6 cups of shredded vegetables
- fresh chopped cilantro
- Add the ingredients for the paste to a mini food processor and grind till paste like.
- Spray a frying pan over a medium heat with spray oil, add the paste and just fry for a minute to infuse the flavour.
- Add in the ground chicken, and mix to coat in the paste and fry till browned.
- Remove and set aside.
- Cook the noodles according to packet instructions, drain and set aside
- Spray the frying pan with some more spray oil over medium high heat, add the shredded veg and stir fry for a couple of mins.
- Add back in the ground chicken and continue to stir fry until chicken is fully cooked through.
- Add in the noodles and coconut milk and toss to coat until heated through.
- Serve topped with chopped cilantro (coriander)
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. Also, double-check syn values of synned ingredients as different brands can vary.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 8.5 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 67.5 mg
Sodium 696 mg
Total Carbohydrates 49.4 g
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 27.5 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.