This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, Slimming World (SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 0.5 syns per serving
Green – 0.5 syns per serving
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stick of celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 jalapeno's, deseeded and chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of oregano
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar (2.5 syns)
- handful fresh parsley chopped
- handful of fresh coriander chopped
- 1 cup (240ml) of passata
- 4 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2.5 litres (10.5 cups) of chicken or vegetable stock
- ¾ cup (170ml) of frozen sweetcorn
- 2x 400g (28oz) tins of black beans, drained and rinsed
- fresh coriander to serve
- spray oil
- Spray a large saucepan over a medium high heat with low calorie spray
- Add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery and red pepper and fry until softened.
- Add the jalapeno, oregano, parsley, coriander, cumin and paprika and stir to coat.
- Add the tomato paste, passata, brown sugar and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30mins.
- Place about ½ the mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the black beans and sweetcorn and simmer for another 30 mins.
- Serve topped with fresh coriander.
- If you have a HEa spare you can also top with some grated cheddar.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information:
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.