Slow Cooker Chicken Casserole
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 syn free per serving
- 6 boneless and skinless chicken thighs, chopped into smaller pieces
- 2 carrots – sliced
- 400g butternut squash – peeled and roughly chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic – crushed
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 1 red pepper – sliced
- 1 courgette – sliced
- 1/2 cup (120ml) of soy sauce
- 1/2 cup (120ml) of water
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup (4 syns)
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 tsp of paprika
- chopped fresh parsley
Place all ingredients (apart from the parsley) in the slow cooker, set on high (6 hour setting), or if you prefer you can cook at a lower setting for longer.
Once cooked serve topped with the fresh parsley.
Serve with your choice of sides. I served mine with a whole grain/quinoa blend.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx nutritional information: