This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 syn per serving
Green – 1 syn per serving
- 1 cup (240ml) of arborio rice
- 2.5 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tsp of olive oil or ghee (4 syns)
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- small bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- ½ tsp of turmeric
- salt and black pepper to season
- Add olive oil (or ghee) to a deep frying pan over a medium high heat.
- Add the garlic and fry just to soften and infuse flavour.
- Add rice and fry for a min just to coat.
- Add in peppers, coriander and stock.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until stock is absorbed. (do not stir during this process).
- When stock is absorbed, turn off heat, but leave lidded for about 5-8 min before serving.
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx nutritional information:
Approx NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
1 serving (without rice)
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.