This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 syn per serving
- 1 large chicken breast (approx 330g – or use two smaller chicken breasts)
- 6 slices of prosciutto ham (1.5 syns)
- ¼ cup of quinoa, dry
- ½ red pepper, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 heaped tablespoon of tomato paste
- few basil leaves
- ½ cup of chicken stock
- salt and black pepper
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 180c or 350f (gas mark 4)
- Place red pepper, red onion and garlic in an oven proof dish, spray with spray oil and roast until softened, approx. 30mins.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Rinse the quinoa under a cold running tap, add to a saucepan and cover with the chicken stock, bring to a boil and then cover and reduce heat to low, simmer for approx 10 mins until all stock is absorbed, remove from heat and set aside for 10 mins, but leave the lid on, the steam trapped underneath with continue to cook the quinoa. When cooked the quinoa should be nice and fluffy.
- Place the chicken breast in between some cling film and bash with a mallet until you have a thin fillet, with even thickness. Season the chicken breast on both sides with salt and black pepper.
- In a bowl mix together the quinoa with the roasted red pepper, onion, tomato, crushed garlic. Add some chopped basil leave and season with salt and black pepper.
- Place the prosciutto ham on a flat surface slightly overlapping each slice and then place the chicken breast on top. Add the quinoa mixture to the top of the chicken breast (you many not need all the quinoa mixture) and spread out evenly.
- Picking up one long side of the chicken breast with the prosciutto ham, start to wrap up the chicken breast into a roll.
- You will then have a rolled up chicken breast, stuffed with the quinoa and wrapped in the prosciutto.
- Transfer to an oven proof dish and spray over the top with spray oil, this will give the prosciutto ham a nice colouring.
- Bake in the oven for approx. 20-30mins at 180c or 350f (gas mark 4), until chicken is cooked through.
- Allow to rest for approx 10 mins before slicing.
- Serve with your choice of sides.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx nutritional information:
Approx NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.