Struggling for side dishes on a Slimming World SP day? then you have to try this recipe. They are delicious and you won’t miss the usual sides at all. Since I invested in a good vegetable spiralizer like this one, vegetables have become one of the best parts of my meals, it really makes them interesting. Luckily I love vegetables anyway, but if you struggle to add them to your meals, I seriously suggest investing in one of these.
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Whole 30, Paleo, Slimming World (SP), and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy/Food Optimising – syn free per serving
Green – syn free per serving
Original – syn free per serving
SP friendly – syn free per serving
- Spiralled Butternut Squash (I cut the part with no seeds off, peel and spiral, a medium sized one should be enough), I use the thick spiral blade
- few handfuls of baby spinach
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- fire roasted tomato flakes (use a sprinkling of paprika if you cant get these or red pepper flakes for a bit of heat)
- salt and black pepper
- Spray oil
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Place spiralled butternut squash on a baking tray lined with parchment
- sprinkle with fire roasted tomato flakes
- Season well with salt and black pepper
- Spray over the top with spray oil
- Place in the oven and bake for approx 30 mins, squash should be lightly golden.
- Add the chopped spring onions half way through cooking time
- When ready, just mix through a few handfuls of baby spinach.
- Serve and enjoy
- These are great as a side to any meal, I especially love it with eggs for breakfast.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx nutritional information:
Approx NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.