This recipe is vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 3 syns per serving
Green – 3 syns per serving
Original – 3 syns per serving
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of ghee or other oil of choice (6 syns)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp of grated ginger
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- ½ tsp of turmeric
- 1 tsp of garam masala
- 1 green chilli, sliced
- 2 vine tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp of tomato paste
- 4 slices of whole wheat bread (2xHEb)
- spray oil
- ½ cup (120ml) of fat free plain yoghurt
- freshly chopped mint
- juice of half a lemon
- Add the ghee to a frying pan over a medium high heat.
- Add the onions and fry till golden and softened.
- Add the cumin seeds, turmeric, garlic and ginger and fry for a further 5 mins, the onions should go a nice deep golden colour.
- Add the tomatoes, garam masala, green chilli and tomato paste and simmer until the tomatoes break down into a sauce. (approx 15-20mins), if it becomes too dry add a little bit of water
- While onions continue to cook with tomatoes, preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Spray a baking tray with spray oil, place the whole wheat bread on the tray and spray over the top, place in oven and bake until bread goes nice and crisp and golden.
- Mix the yoghurt with fresh mint and the juice of half a lemon and season with a little salt.
- Season the onions to taste with some salt.
- Top the crisp toast with the onions and then drizzle with the mint yoghurt.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information (using calorie count recipe analysis)
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.