One Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken Rice – a simple all in one pan recipe with the delicious flavours of lemon and garlic and packed with healthy vegetables such as cauliflower and spinach.
It’s one pot recipe time!! Gosh, I love these types of recipes, don’t you?
When I have a busy week planned, I want a recipe that is going to pack in lots of flavours, use simple but fresh ingredients and that comes packed with vegetables. Gotta think of those speed foods.
Using one pan means very little to wash up afterwards. It’s a win-win situation.
When it comes to creating a one-pot recipe, it’s really is just a case of combining what ingredients you have with complimentary seasoning and even the basic ingredients can become a delicious filling and healthy dinner.
Want some other one-pot recipes to try? Check out these:
- CREAMY ONE POT PORK PASTA
- ONE POT BEEF STROGANOFF PASTA
- SYN FREE ONE POT BEEF FAJITA PASTA
- ONE POT NEW ORLEANS CAJUN PASTA
- SYN FREE ONE POT CHEESEBURGER PASTA
- LOW SYN ONE POT SAUSAGE AND LENTIL CASSEROLE
- ONE POT MARMITE MACARONI AND CHEESE
- SYN FREE ONE POT CAMPFIRE STEW
- ONE POT NANDO’S PERI PERI RICE
or head on over to my Full Recipe Index with over 850 delicious Slimming World and Weight Watchers recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients, syn value and smart points etc.
What about 1/3 speed foods (healthy vegetables in this One Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken Rice?
Luckily this dish comes packed with fresh cauliflower and spinach, so I have you covered with this recipe. But there is never any harm in serving with some additional vegetables so if you want to serve alongside some additional greens the more speed foods the better.
- Steam Tenderstem Broccoli
- Roasted Broccoli
- Roasted or Steam Asparagus
or any vegetable side of your choice.
Kitchen items that were used for this One Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken Rice:
- Measuring Scales
- Chopping Board
- Measuring spoons
- Santoku Knife
- Le Creuset Cast Iron Casserole (or use a Deep Frying Pan)
- Measuring Cups
- Wooden Spoon
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats so that you never miss any new updates.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
See the handy Pinterest image below if you wish to pin this for later 🙂
- 1lb (455g) of boneless skinless chicken thighs, sliced into bitesize pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1lb (455g) of fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 cup (180g) of uncooked long grain rice
- 2.25 cups (540ml) of chicken stock
- juice and zest and 2 lemons (or can slice the lemons and place in top)
- approx 3 cups of chopped fresh spinach
- 1 tbs of olive oil
- pinch of red chilli flakes (optional)
- black pepper
- seasoning mix:
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1/2 tsp of dried basil
- 1/2 tsp of dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp of onion powder
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- Add all the ingredients for the seasoning mix to a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the olive oil to the casserole dish (or deep frying pan) and heat over a medium high heat.
- Add the onion and fry for a couple of minutes until lightly golden and softened
- Add in the chicken. garlic, plus seasoning mix and fry until lightly browned.
- Add in the cauliflower, zest and juice of the lemons, and a little splash of the stock just to unglaze anything stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Add in the rice and mix combine.
- Pour in the stock, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for approx 10 minutes (check after about 7 minutes just to ensure stock hasn't reduced too quickly, as you may need to add in a little more if so).
- Once cooked, stir in the fresh chopped spinach. Add lid and leave with heat turned off for 10 minutes. The heat/steam trapped underneath will continue to cook rice to perfection.
- When ready to serve sprinkle with a pinch of red chilli flakes and some black pepper
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Slimming World - 1.5 Syns per serving
- WW Flex/Freestyle Smart Points - 9 per serving
NOTE: use olive oil spray oil to keep syn free if you prefer, but end result is best with the tbs of olive oil.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided.
Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Le Creuset Signature Cast Iron Shallow Casserole, 26 cm - Teal
Deiss® PRO Citrus Lemon Zester & Cheese Grater — Parmesan Cheese, Lemon, Ginger, Garlic, Nutmeg, Chocolate, Vegetables, Fruits - Razor-sharp Stainless Steel Blade + Protective Cover - Dishwasher Safe
Vilapur Measuring Cups and Spoons Set of 13, Durable 304 Stainless Steel 5 Measuring Cups and 5 Measuring Spoons with 2 O Rings and Magnetic Measurement Conversion Chart
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 389 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 2.6g Cholesterol: 85mg Sodium: 574mg Carbohydrates: 47.1g Fiber: 4.2g Sugar: 4.4g Protein: 27.1g
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.