This recipe is gluten free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1.5 syns plus 1 HEa per serving
Green – 1.5 syns plus 1 HEa per serving
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups (960ml) of chicken or vegetable stock
- 270g (9.5oz) of Arborio Rice
- 200g (7oz) of mushrooms (I used baby portobello mushrooms), finely chopped
- 1 small package of dried Porcini mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon of butter (5 syns)
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- salt and black pepper
- 120g (4oz) of Parmesan Cheese(4 HEa’s)
- Add the dried porcini mushrooms to a small bowl, cover with boiling hot water and allow to soak for 20 mins.
- Drain and reserved liquid
- Place all the stock in a small saucepan, along with the liquid from the dried porcini mushrooms with a sprinkling of fresh thyme and keep on a low heat.
- Finely chop the porcini mushrooms
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the onion, garlic and mushrooms (including porcini mushrooms) and cook until softened and golden. Add a little of the stock if needed to prevent from sticking. Season with some black pepper.
- Add the Arborio rice and mix thoroughly with the onion, garlic and mushrooms.
- Add 1 ladle of stock and continuously stir making sure you scrape all the flavouring from the bottom of the pan as you do so, as the stock reduces, add another ladle of stock, and repeat the process. until stock is almost gone.
- Before adding the last couple of ladles of stock, stir in ¾ of the parmesan cheese and mix thoroughly.
- Serve among 4 plates and top each serving with the remainder of parmesan cheese.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information (using calorie count recipe analysis)
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.