This recipe is Vegetarian, Slimming World (SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 3.5 syns for 4 Mini Carrot Bites
Green – 3.5 syns for 4 Mini Carrot Bites
Original – 3.5 syns for 4 Mini Carrot Bites
- For the carrot cake bites:
- 6 scan bran (6 syns)
- 30g (1oz) of sultanas (4.5 syns)
- 1 cup of sweetener
- Juice and Zest of a Lemon
- Zest of an Orange
- 2 cups of grated carrot
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of almond extract
- Spray oil
- For the frosting:
- ½ cup (120ml) of quark
- Zest of a lemon
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (2 syns)
- Preheat oven to 180c or 350f
- Grease a square baking pan with some spray oil
- Grate the zest from the lemon and orange and set aside.
- Add the sultanas to a small bowl, along with the juice of the lemon and allow to soak.
- In a large bowl, whisk together thoroughly the eggs, zest and sweetener
- Add the grated carrot and stir thoroughly.
- Soak the scan bran in a dish with some hot water until softened.
- Add the scan bran to the bowl, along with the spices, salt, almond extract, baking soda, baking powder and sultanas and mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan and bake in the oven for approx 40 mins. A toothpick or skewer entered into the centre should come out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely in a pan, then transfer to a wire rack and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- For the frosting:
- Mix together the quark, juice and zest of the lemon and maple syrup in a bowl, until it becomes a smooth paste. Then refrigerate for at least an hour along with the cake.
- When you are ready to serve, remove the cake from the refrigerator, spread the frosting all over the top of the cake and then cut into 16 equal sized pieces.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.