Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 6 syns for entire jar
Original – 6 syns for entire jar
Green – 6 syns for entire jar
suitable for a Slimming World SP day
Whole30 and Paleo friendly, Gluten Free and Dairy Free
- 3 large beefsteak tomatoes (or large tomatoes) peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (6 syns) or use a spray oil to make this free
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 cup (240ml) of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- chopped fresh basil and Italian parsley
- salt and black pepper to season
- Add the olive oil to a pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion, carrot and garlic and saute for about 5 mins.
- Add the tomatoes and continue to saute until the tomatoes start to break down
- Add the tomato paste, balsamic vinegar and stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until stock reduces down - approx 20-30 mins
- Roughly blend with a stick blender, add freshly chopped basil and parsley and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Can be use straight away on pasta or veggies noodles or placed in a lidded jar in the fridge.
- This can also be frozen.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information (using calorie count recipe analysis)
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
for entire jar
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.