This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, paleo, Slimming World (SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 2 syns per serving
Green – 2 syns per serving
NOTE: For those in the UK use Koko Coconut milk or a similar brand.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 2 tsps of Malaysian Curry powder (or use a regular medium curry powder if you can't get this)
- 1-2 red chili's, finely chopped
- 500g of butternut squash, cubed
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar (2 syns)
- 1 cup of Silk Coconut milk* (4 syns)
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- oil spray
- Salt and Black pepper
- fresh chopped coriander
- Spray a deep frying pan over a medium heat with oil spray spray. Add the onion and fry for a few mins to soften.
- Add the garlic, ginger, chili's and butternut squash and cook for a further few mins.
- Add the Malaysian Curry Powder and sugar and stir to evenly coat.
- Pour in the coconut milk and stock and bring to a slow boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20mins, until squash is cooked and sauce has reduced down slightly and thickened. Season with salt and black pepper as needed and top with some fresh chopped coriander.
- Serve with your choice of sides
- For a variation, you could also add some fish or chicken to this dish.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information (using calorie count recipe analysis):
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.